Newbie in AZ

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DebMc, Dec 10, 2009.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Hi, All!

I have a waterfowl/poultry farm in AZ, and recently acquired my first goats: a Navajo Angora(NAG), a Navajo Pygora and a standard Angora kid, all does. I am clicker training them and we just started target training a couple weeks ago. On cue, the Pygora now jumps "up" on her spool and does a number of tricks for treats. She's a real ham! It's hard to believe that just a couple months ago she was running wild on the res. The NAG is still very timid but is slowly coming around. I hope to start lead training them soon, and am interested in carting sometime down the road.

Thank you for accepting my membership application. Being a first time goater, I do have alot of questions, and could certainly use some insight and sound advice from seasoned goaters.

I'll try to attach some pics, beginning w/one of the Pygora, Katie, praying for treats. <g> The second is of Allison, the NAG, and last but not least is lil' Trinity. I love my 3 does!

Deb Mc

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome Deb :wave:

pictures were probably to big so they didnt attach, if you resize them to 430 pix or less then try again. We would love to see your girls :thumb:

3. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for the welcome.

I'll try again to upload the pics of my 3 does.

It didn't work...oh, well!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Deb,

Sounds cool what you are doing with the goats.

Try to re size them to at least a med size or smaller. If you would like send them to me [email protected] and I will post them for you.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Deb Mc....from northern California... :wave: you are going to love it here.. :greengrin:

6. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yes, my does are loads of fun...quick learners, too.

I will try uploading the photos again, beginning with the smallest file. When I press "add file" after uploading each pic, a screen appears showing progress at 100%, which I interpret to mean it's been done. I'm probably doing something wrong. <g> This time, however, all 3 files are shown as "posted"...so let's see. <drum roll>

Attached Files:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I see 3 pics.... :thumbup:

beautiful animals... :love: ..love them....thanks for sharing.... :greengrin: :thumb:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh my heaven, Katie praying for a treat. That is so sweet. Heck my goats will plow me down for a treat.

You have nice looking goats there.

Now what are you going to do with all the fiber you get off them?

9. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    <lol> Katie gets so excited when she sees the targeting stick that she often starts offering random behaviors trying to earn treats and one of those behaviors she's repeating is ripping off articles of clothing w/her teeth and she won't let go! I'm working hard trying to figure out how to extinquish that behavior. She's ripped off my stocking cap, ripped the sleeve off my jacket and almost pantsed me.

Thanks!

Not sure. My kids are handspinners but lost interest as they grew into adults.

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks for sharing!! :thumb: They are beautiful!