Newbie, Inverness, Fl.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mare, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mare

Mare New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    :wave: Hello everyone, This is my life: I'm a Wife, Mom, Grandma, & Great-Grandma. I live in Inverness , Fl. Have 5 acres, 2 Heifers, 14 hens, 1 rooster, 1 bunny, 2 cats, 1 goldern retiever. And hoping to soon get a goat. I heard about this site from Keren. I thought it was very nice of her to invite me. :hi5: Thank you! I love the county and simply basic life. We have a gardern. Hubby is finishing college,(law) and for now we own a marine repair shop. Which is going very slow now. :( We have 3 kids, family's of their own now. Which brings me to 15 grandkids, and 1 great-grandkids in Aug. 2010. I've enjoyed looking at this site and reading all about everyone's cute goats. Maybe one day I'll be showing you guys pic's of my goat. But for now I'll just keep learning, and have to wait till after the Fair here to start looking for one. The heifers being in 4-h is keeping me super busy now. I'm hoping that the Fair will bring back the goats here. Last year was the last showing for them. :( Mare

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome :wave: sounds like you already have your hands full, hope you can get some goats soon

3. jberter

jberter New Member

Welcome Mare,sounds like you have been doing the same as I was with checking out all the helpful post on here with info on raising goats along with all the adorable baby pictures. :love: Hope it works out come fair time to find those special goaties for you. Also sounds like you will never have a problem with finding helpers . Your Grandkids are going to love coming to Grandmas house even more then. Lucky kids. :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...welcome.... :welcome: we love having you here... :greengrin:

5. Mare

Mare New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Thanks for the weclome. I for sure am having fun just to see how everyone here is doing. And yes I can't wait to get my goats. I know it's still in the near future, but time flys by and I'll have them before I know it. But for now I'll enjoy everyone else's joy they have with their goats.
    Thanks , Mare

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW sounds like you are one very busy person. Goats will give you some peaceful time and they are great to watch just to relax. If the grand kids are close I bet you would have a lot of volunteers to help you out.

7. Seven Dwarfs

Seven Dwarfs New Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Brush Prairie Wa
    Welcome from Washington! Glad you joined, there is lots of good posts. I am a Grandma too :hi5: