Newbie Kidding Thread 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by YouGoatMe, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    California
    Nubians are especially noisy and needy. The additional nursing will just prolong his separation anxiety. He is probably more aggressive in his nursing because of the separation. Need to cut the cord.
    Sorry for your feelings, but it is just

2. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    California
    Nubians are especially noisy and needy. The additional nursing will just prolong his separation anxiety. He is probably more aggressive in his nursing because of the separation. Need to cut the cord.
    Sorry for your feelings, but it is just

GoofyGoat likes this.

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Boys can also be the biggest drama queens, they’ll act like their world is ending one minute but as soon as they’re distracted it’s over and forgotten. Try putting climbing toys like spools and picnic tables or something like that in their runs and soon they’ll be playing with their new toys rather than hollering.
    Also try earplugs ;)

4. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

I second the earplugs!

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. YouGoatMe

YouGoatMe Well-Known Member

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Thanks everyone! He was super sad here and there throughout the day. We were out doing yard work most of the day though so he wasn't alone and we gave home some extra cuddles. He would cry at the fence for a while then go out on the pasture for a while. His mama wasn't super happy either, but I gave her a few extra treats and cuddles too.

6. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Hard to get a good pic, but Winnie's udder has been filling up the last few weeks. Her estimated due date (based on when her previous owner saw her bred) is 2/10/21. Based on her size I'd guess she's only got one baby in there. This is her first time so she had no udder before, now it jiggles when she walks lol! 140271774_869372233606730_6465148075637098557_n.jpg

7. Caileigh Jane Smith

Caileigh Jane Smith Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Missouri, USA
    Looks like her lady bits are getting puffy, too!

8. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Yes that is getting quite noticeable too!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Coffee&Chickens

Coffee&Chickens Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    Looks like my girl Coco. Her EDD is March 6-7 and she is starting to develop a little udder. Went out there the day before yesterday for morning feeding and was like "hello". When she squats to pee it's more noticeable. I am a first time goat midwife and both my girls are FF so this is all so exciting and nerve wracking.

11. wheel-bear-o

wheel-bear-o Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Vermont
    Welcome to TGS! I'm a newbie too, with one FF and one experienced lady. You should make a thread over in the waiting room so we can follow your gals' progress!

12. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Welcome!! It is definitely nerve wracking! The support here on TGS is amazing! Everyone is so willing to help and offer great advice. Definitely make a thread so we can follow along and please post lots of baby pics when the time comes!!

13. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Winnie's udder is much more round. Not tight yet or anything. Yesterday I got to feel baby movement so that was exciting! I'd never been able to feel them on my other pregnant does. I'm worried about her teats. She has a Y-shaped one on one side in addition to another separate teat. The other side is just a double teat. I think she's got a total of 5. I have no idea which ones are functional or not so I'll be keeping an eye on that. Re-organized my birthing kit yesterday evening and today we are getting the maternity stall cleaned and stocked. If the Doe Code holds she'll wait until next week when we get a freeze and lots of rain. Her official due date is on the 10th and the freeze will be 11th-13th. Seems likely!
    145585840_451501965884773_3182589717556306552_n.jpg

14. Feira426

Feira426 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2019
    Texas
    How is Winnie doing?

MadHouse likes this.
  15. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    She is still hanging in there. Ligaments are really mushy, her stomach has dropped and udder is fuller but still not tight. Today is her official due date and we have a hard freeze coming tomorrow or friday....so I'm sure she'll wait until it's like 30 degrees lol.

16. Coffee&Chickens

Coffee&Chickens Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2021
    Central Illinois
    Of course she will, cause, you know, Doe Code.
    They laugh at us mere humans as we think we have things figured out

MadHouse and YouGoatMe like this.
  17. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Still waiting! It rained all night and started to get cold but still no signs of labor from Winnie. She's been eating non-stop since yesterday though so I'm hoping that means she's prepping!

18. YouGoatMe

May 31, 2020
    Texas
    Winnie's udder is definitely full and tight now. She has no ligaments. She's been napping and eating more, but other than that there are no signs she's gonna pop. Hopefully she makes it through the night and we get a daytime birth. It is currently colder than Texas should ever be and is getting colder every day. 151 days is done and now we'll be moving on to 152.

19. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Good,luck! I hope everyone stays warm enough!

20. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    She needs to kid before Monday night/Tuesday morning, it going to be in the single digits...tell that little lady to get a move on or she’ll be having a kid-cycicle...goofy girl, no seriously I hope she kids soon and all goes well.

MadHouse likes this.