The Goat Spot Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
We bundled up and stayed mostly warm all night. My phone keeps dying but I managed to charge it in the car. Goats are all doing great! I think we are through the coldest temps. It has warmed up to about 25 now. We have to keep breaking the goats water buckets and have heated it on the camp stove here and there.
Baby Uri is doing fantastic despite the temps! He has needed absolutely no assistance. Even without the heat lamp he is thriving. Nursing and bouncing around and exploring the area. No idea when the power will be back on. We are about to hit 36 hours with no power or water. Ugh!

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Aww! I hope it’s all an adventure for him!!
So good to hear the good report!
Our weather is finally starting to warm up too! Little by little.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
It was finally WARM again and the goats were SO HAPPY! Every time I checked on them they were out sunbathing. Uri and Winnie are doing so well! She keeps him close out on the pasture and makes sure the other goats keep their distance. It has been such a blessing that Winnie has been a great mom as a FF because it's been so cold and stressful without worrying about a bottle baby! Here they are enjoying the heat yesterday. Today the high is 67 degrees and it is wonderful!
151474654_471254737235996_2053714715567186763_n.jpg

281 - 291 of 291 Posts