Newbie: My Twin Girls (photos)

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by heartofwisdom, Oct 6, 2008.

1. heartofwisdom

heartofwisdom New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    shelbyville tn
    I'm new to this blog and to goats. We live outside Nashville.

Cameo and Sweetie (old Nigerian Dwarfs) joined our family this August at 3 months.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also have 11 children (only 2 boys left at home now), 3 miniature horses, two prys, 3 barn cats and 2 house kittens.
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking of getting a couple of Neubians next spring for milk (I heard its hard to milk the tiny girls). Looking forward to talking goats with you all.

Robin
    http://heartowisdom.com/heartathome

2. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    First of all ... WELCOME TO TGS !!!

Those girls are really pretty nd's ! luv em !!
    11 kids !!! Wowza !!
    Love the pic with the mini & cart !!

love all your pics ! can't wait to see more ! :)

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    welcome from Idaho :wave: Glad that you found us!!

About the milking -

I have milked my Alping cross (standard) and my Nigerians - and yes, to me the Alpine was definately "easier" but I got really good milk production from my Nigerian. It is just a time thing for me!

Can't wait to "see" you around the boards!

Allison

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Robin and welcome....pretty little nigi's! And you are truly BLESSED to have such a large family....the mini horse is adorable!

I milk my mini's and though it does take some getting used to with smaller teats, practice makes perfect! I milked 3 does 2x a day for 4 months this past year and all 3 with the basics only took me 20 minutes.....and the milk is awesome! I was getting just over 2 quarts a day from my nigi and just under from my pygmy/nigi crosses. Can't wait to see "more ' of you....hope you enjoy being here. :wave:

5. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome, Welcome from AL!!

Those are some VERY pretty girls! Glad to have you and your crew with us! :stars:

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    welcome to TGS, your animals are very beautiful. :hug:

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Welcome.

I love your does! You lil mini is not bad either. :)

8. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Welcome to The Goat Spot, we had 16 kids last year, some were stillborn and one little doeling passed away a couple of hours after being born though.

9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome and great to have you at TGS! Thanks for sharing your pics-you have a nice place there(background very pretty). Congrats on getting Cameo and Sweetie. :wave:

10. deenak

deenak Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Welcome!!! I love the pictures escpecially the mini with the cart. Your new little girls are adorable!!