The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my little buck has managed to put off castration for nearly 2 weeks now. We wanted him settled before anything happened. Unfortunately, his equipment looks funny. It looks nothing like his brother's and we are new to goats, but not to livestock. At this point I'm tempted to hose him off, clean him up and diaper cream him.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should also say, he gets 1/2 cup of sweet 16 mix per day, all he can eat hay and water, and treats from the house.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
Looks like his testes are out of pocket? no sconum??

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
it looks like the bucks testes are not in a scronum??

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
I should be sure Im looking at what I think Im looking at lol..His man hood area??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
His testes are there. I believe the 2nd dropped while he was here, otherwise the breeder was gonna band him before we picked him up. It's his penis area that has me confused. Ha! It's closer to his scrotum, it's "sticking out" and the area is always wet. He's my crybaby too, but they were just weaned the day I got them.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
ok..lol..gottcha....the picture is a bit confusing lol..SO..let me see if I am getting the picture right...I see the penis...is it behind the testes or in front of...normal should be center tummy in front of..sorry..just trying to understand what I am seeing.also does his testes have a cleft? ( deep split, he maybe too young to tell)

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
He has a Psudeo-vagina. He pees backwards onto his testes. It's a birth defect related to intersex goats. You may need a vet to neuter him. He will pee on the banded sack and cause infection otherwise.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
either way...the penis is a defect...it should be covered and not sticking out all the time..him being wet is not healthy,..also bucks are born with what they will have, they dont drop testes later...if he had only one he will always have one..I dont mean to be rude :D but the breeder should know this..he should also know the penis was not right..what it looks like to me is a life time of suffering and illness..:( Now please know I am no expert on what Im seeing...other than its not normal,.a normal boy look is from the tail..testes, two teats...then a little ballof fur in the center where his penis is tucked away..safe..

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
Thank you goathiker...I have never seen this and boy I knew it wasnt right..just didnt know what it was lol

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
This can be fixed, when the vet neuters him he can "circumsize" him and fix it so that he pees straight down. It depends on what the owner wants to spend. He would need to go to a University large animal hospital.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
it looks exposed ...wont this be an issue health wise?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's a better photo. Went out and caught him, brought him outside the pen so I wasn't the newest "gym" to climb on by all.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The issue I had with the breeder is she does it as a "hobby" and didn't really know what to think, and didn't say anything at the time. The hubby just said there was only one, and had never seen anything like it but didn't elaborate. My downfall was traveling 2.5 hours one way with a child who started puking 3/4 of the way there. Needless to say, I wasn't thinking properly

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
If you look in the first pic. See the nub with the hole on the front of the "foreskin"? That is where the penis is supposed to come out. They will run the penis end to that hole and cut the edges of the deformed part so that they can sew it all shut and keep the penis in place. He would be nearly normal.

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
All right, I see that the deformity is behind now. Stii the same thing. They would run the penis to that little hole in the nub and make him pee out the back.

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
Ok..I deleted my last remark since I posted the same time as you guys..So happy you popped in Goathiker..it looks worse to me than it needs to : )

lizsobiek....I hope all goes well with this little buck and your little one is feeling better
Do keep us posted on the out come..I'd love to hear how he does..best wishes

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
I did once keep a hermie for a while that had an exposed organ much like that. It was never a problem. He was just a mouth to feed though and I only kept him a couple years. Perfectly healthy though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts