Newbie Question...

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Carmen in NC, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Carmen in NC

Carmen in NC Active Member

Hello and thanks in advance, I have a first Freshner that is pregnant, her utter is growing by the day and I noticed that for the last few days she been discharging some yellowish mucus, I can still feel the ligaments, she is very swollen today and some more discharge I am over worrying? my girl Lola had twins a couple of days ago, but I had bought my two older girls from another homestead and they had kidded before, so I am somewhat NEW to FF.. is this dischage normal? I noticed it on Lola the day she kidded. But Winter is been doing this for a few days now... below is some pictures of the day I shaved her ... IMG_7442.JPG IMG_7443.JPG IMG_7442.JPG IMG_7443.JPG

2. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

They can start losing their mucus plug a month out from kidding. My guess is that is what you are seeing.

3. Carmen in NC

thank you.. I was wondering.. that puts my heart at ease...

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    With my does..that is normal. Usually the birthing goo is an amber color. Sounds like you are doing really well with your new girls. You are keeping a close eye on them ! :goodjob:

toth boer goats and Carmen in NC like this.
  5. Carmen in NC

thank you, I am a show dog breeder of 17 years and I was born and raised in a farm in Puerto Rico,but is been a LONG time since I been around goats..LOL so I am just trying to cover all my ground with them..LOL

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  6. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    What breed of dog do you show? Are you going to show goats too?
    Ive only been in goats for about 5 years. I still feel new at it. But there are some great teachers here on TGS. Many of them have had goats for 15 + years. I have learned so much and feel very fortunate to have Goat friends all over the world. So glad you are here.

7. Carmen in NC

I been showing Silky Terriers for 16 years, I slowed down since covid. i am not sure if I want to show goats yet.. taking it slow for now I am enjoying having them and enjoying the fresh milk they will provide for us.. :)

GoofyGoat and Moers kiko boars like this.