The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a couple of fainting goats before and loved them. We've decided to add goats back into our mix here, but I'm having a very difficult time finding fainters. I did find a couple of Pygmy/nigerian mixes. Thus the questions.

Are they difficult to keep? My fainters were easy. They didn't challenge my fence, kept the weeds down and didn't require much food. They were also sweet and friendly.

Could I expect this sort of behavior from this mix?

Thanks for any help!

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
My Nigerians and Nigerian mixes have always been very friendly and loving. They do not challenge fences, but, the will try to slip out of the gate with me. :eek: I never have any trouble catching them...they usually are right in there helping me with my chores.

It's a great mix. What are your objectives with your goats? Are you going to breed or just need a few pets that eat grass? Welcome to TGS.

·
Goat Lover
386 Posts
I have a pygmy and a Pygmy/Nigerian mix and they are wonderful. They don't challenge fences and they are as sweet as can be. My pygmy is a little picky about food, but I think that's because I grain them morning and evening (I also let then graze all day in the yard.) so they never go hungry. I'm sure they will keep the brush down, but it also depends on how many goats you're getting and how big the area is they'll be eating from. Also, behavior varies from goat to goat. It depends on how they were raised and how socialized they are. That's a good thing to ask about, how friendly they are. A goat you can't work with is no good. Another important thing is if they are mean or not. Make sure you set up a date to meet them too, so you can make sure you know what you're getting into. Any questions you have about the goats, you should probably ask the current owners of them. I don't know their personalities, but they will and they can give you a more accurate answer. I hope I helped. :) Welcome to the goat spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts