Newbie with questions

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Baird Farms, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Baird Farms

Baird Farms New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Michigan
    My husband and I had been toying around with getting some pygmies or dwarfs for the last several months, but I wanted to make sure that we had everything set up right before we decided on what we were getting. My hubby, the go getter that he is, hauled cattle for his dad and came home with two little ones, Brownie and Oreo. I'm not sure if they are pygmies, dwarfs, or something else, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize for the pics--it was the same day that they came home, so they still had the stickers from the livestock sale stuck on their heads!

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!

Cute babies...are they wethered?
    The dark one does appear to be a nigerian but the lighter one could be a mix, his color looks to be Alpine but nigies can have the same color too.
    Hope you find all the info you are looking for here...if not, just ask :thumbup:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They look mostly nigerian dwarf, but could definately be a cross or some sort of mix. They sure are cute!

4. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Agree with the others. To me, the buckskin one looks very Nigi, tho -- could be pure Nigerian!

5. Baird Farms

Baird Farms New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks for the quick replies! The brown smaller one is a wether, and the larger black and white is a female. I'm still new to all of this, so I appreciate all of the help I can get!