The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and goats. We are the proud owners of two nigerian dwarf wethers. About 5 months old. We got them on July 4th and instantly fell in love. They are so friendly and just follow us around when we are doing chores. We also have two steers and some baby doll sheep. I have also owned a horse previously. and I have to say I think goats are our favorite ;) they have such cool personalities. We named them Buzz and Woody.... And our almost two year old son absolutely adores them. And the goats are so good with him ;) I'm wondering how much bigger these two boys will get. And at what age they usually mature to full size. I'm really enjoying reading all your threads.... I'm learning a lot thanks ;) - Emily and Noah

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Welcome, welcome! Goats have become my favorite animals, I must admit, and I adore horses, dogs, cats, etc. I'm a huge animal person. :laugh:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we are going to be looking for a doe in January. And won't have any room until then anyways. I can pass the photo along. He is very cute :) I'm sure you will find him a good home. Sorry wish I could help more

·
Registered
367 Posts
I live in Connecticut and we haves raised wethers for the last 13 years. One of the greatest things we have ever done was getting into goats. We also have a preschool on the property and the children helped bottle feed and raise them. They are also Nigerians and Jadper is 110 pounds while Jax a little smaller is around 90 pounds . Males are larger than the females usually in this breed. Yet they are still really gentle around all the kids .... Happy for you and good luck ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts