Newborn Kids!!! Photos!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by laststraw, Sep 21, 2008.

1. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Honey was due between Sept 29 and Oct 10... we got married yesterday at a B&B just across the river... I've had family non-stop this week and haven't really been home since Thursday (although, Ive been close by - stopping in, and my husband - now officially - was here). I checked her ligs and general condition on Friday afternoon and was sure she was close, but not within a week... this is the same goat that gave us NO signs last year and refuses to read the instruction book on how does are supposed to present when about to give birth.

Both of us stayed at the B&B last night and my BIL checked the goats for us last night and this morning. We had just finished all the "good-byes" and headed home with my cousins this afternoon to arrive for the birth! DH was there just as Honey delivered the buckling and then we all were blessed to witness her deliver the doeling. These are not good photos, but the best I could get right now. I'm exhausted and will take more tomorrow!!

BE Buckskin buckling with spots
    [​IMG]

White and gold doeling - not sure on eyes yet
    [​IMG]

White and gold doeling with Honey
    [​IMG]

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Congrats on the marriage and the kids-WOW-that was fast! :ROFL: they are beautiful!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a wonderful wedding gift!!!! Congratulations on such pretty babies AND your marriage :love: :hug:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    how cute,what a surprise............................congrats on your wedding day.... :stars:
    :wahoo: :dance: :leap: :clap:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :stars: Congrats they are darling!!! The little gold and white is very striking!!

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the gold and white is very pretty, so is the buckskin. happy days!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    CONGRATS :stars: :stars: :stars: not ony on the kids, but the wedding!!! Marriage is a beautiful thing.

It will be 2 years for me next month.

What beautiful kids that she gave you as a wedding present - congrats!

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Wow! Sounds like you have been very busy! Congrats on the babies! And may you have a long and very happy Marriage!

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Honey didnt read the book but she sho nuff knew when to deliver that is just too cool! Congrats on your wedding & the kids!!

10. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Thanks everyone!! We could not be happier! I wanted a doeling from Honey since we got her... Honey is such a good milker, and a total sweetheart, too. She was so upset when we sold her wether last year and has been sort of the third wheel in the herd. Now, she'll have a little buddy all her own! And, if she's half the milker her mom is, we will be rolling in milk and cheese!! :cool: :wahoo:

11. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Beautiful kids, congrats!

12. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Re: Newborn Kids!!! UPDATED new photos!!

Here they are this morning - both mother and kids are doing well. Lots of bouncing and nursing and napping... :dance:

Buckling
    [​IMG]

Buckling
    [​IMG]

Doeling
    [​IMG]

Doeling
    [​IMG]

Zuni (buckskin doe) and Tia (Malinois) - the puppies are getting better and better with the goats!
    [​IMG]

Us getting married (after 10 years together) the day before the kids came!
    [​IMG]

13. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    UPDATED photos!!

I added more photos this morning!

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    They are very cute! :love: Congratulations on your marriage too! Lovely photos. :D

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh how exciting! congratulations 2times over

you look like a happy couple, congrats :stars:

The babies are just darling :love:

16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh Congrats on the marriage too! Sorry :oops: I forgot that! Hubby and I were "together" many years before we finally made the leap. Love the dress, he looks like a keeper too! :stars:

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats on the kids and getting married!! The kids are adorable :love:

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the babies and of course your wedding! The buckling looks like he has a long sleeve black shirt on-so cute. Wonderful wedding pic; thanks for sharing such a special moment.

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations and congratulations!!! :D