The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie here.
I just acquired 4-month-old twins, I believe Nubian/alpines. They’re the sweetest. Only problem is, they’re constantly crying out! The only way to keep them quiet is to be by them all the time. If I’m on the opposite side of the fence, they try escaping to be close to me. As long as I’m with them, they just follow me around. They have yet to explore their 3 acres of land which is full of a rich variety of plants and features...I assumed they would be happy back there!! Does it just take time to adjust? I feel like the mother of newborn twins. Does this eventually taper off or will it always be like this 😴

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
It just takes time! They are lonely and scared in a new place. They probably won't begin to explore much until they feel more secure. It is good to spend time with them to reassure them, but be wary of letting them train you. You don't want them thinking that you will come on the run every time they pitch a fit.
Do you have a smaller pen with a snug little shelter you can put them in for now? Sometimes, they feel safer in a smaller space while they get acclimated. Then they are ready to get out and explore a large area, knowing they have a safe place to return to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just takes time! They are lonely and scared in a new place. They probably won't begin to explore much until they feel more secure. It is good to spend time with them to reassure them, but be wary of letting them train you. You don't want them thinking that you will come on the run every time they pitch a fit.
Do you have a smaller pen with a snug little shelter you can put them in for now? Sometimes, they feel safer in a smaller space while they get acclimated. Then they are ready to get out and explore a large area, knowing they have a safe place to return to.
thank you for the advice! I’m learning that they’re just like human kids—the behaviors you pay attention to are the ones that stick 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts