News @ Sandy Lane Farm

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathappy, Jul 13, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hey guys, my internet has been out for 2 weeks, my email overfloweth!!! lol I haven't disappeared :)

So anyway, thought I'd let everybody know about some recent news.....

We sold three goats to a couple an hour south of us, they raise their own oats and hay and they are going to a great home!! They took a milking doe home, and bought two dry yearling from us who are staying here to breed this fall before they leave.

I called a breeder friend who is selling out(same place I got my Obers from) to see if she had an adult doe left, she said she had sold all her does already. So I asked her if she had a buck I had been eyeing. Well now we have *B Hazelridge-Farm Angela's Ecudo and he has an AWESOME pedigree and is proven, I've seen a couple of his milking daughters and he throws really nice udders and his daughters do great in the show ring. He has a beautiful head too. His dam is a GCH doe, appraised 90(her FS was 89 though) and his sire is also a SGCH. We also bought her awesome milk parlor, OMGsh words cannot describe how immaculate it is!!! I'm driving to her house this week to take pics of it so that I can start drawing plans up for my parlor.

Ok, seriously, I promise after the kids from Arizona come next spring we are DONE buying goats, I have to get my AZ kids, they've already been reserved with deposits. :wink: hehehehe......

Unfortunately one of my brother's fullblood does died :( We are thinking worm overload, I did everything I could but she just slipped away. She was a beautiful doe. We do have one daughter out of her though, so she will be carried on.

I finally got my website pretty much updated, I need to add Ecudo but that's about it, check it out: http://www.sandylanedairygoats.com

Oh and the best news, appraisals are in two weeks!!!!!!!! July 27 and our appraiser will be Betty Henning. I can't wait, I got my kids tattooed last week and I have the adult does to check tats on, plus I have to get my bucks clipped, oh I''m so excited!!!!! :stars:

Well enough from me :wink:

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Welcome back! :D Beautiful animals you have and your site looks great!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wonderful news Sarah thanks for updating

I will have to check your site a little later on when I get more time to devote to it.

Congrats on the buck and the sale of your does.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hey Sarah! I have been wondering where you were, sounds like you have been busy though!! I can't wait to see how your goats do on appraisals!! How exciting!!

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Same here, was wondering where you've been!! Great news about your goats too....you have some very pretty animals!

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks guys!! I am really proud of my girls this year, they are all looking great, and milking great.

Here's pics of Ecudo, his coat is somewhat scruffy, its hard to keep ober bucks up with mineral condition, because of their color
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some of his daughters, Jane is of our own breeding she is linebred on Ecudo(double granddaughter)
    [​IMG]

And here is a milking daughter, she is half sis to my Phoebe
    [​IMG]

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Here's another milking daughter, we have a daughter out of her:
    [​IMG]

and here is a better pic of the other doe
    [​IMG]

We feel very lucky to have him!!