Nice small herd of Mini Nubians for sale in MN...

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by MiddleRiver, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    Very nice starter herd of mini nubians for sale - they aren't mine, but if DH would let me have them i would :cry:

Two does, born in 2006 i belive, a buck born in 2005, and doeling about 4 weeks old out of one of the does ( whom is being milked and nursing this doeling - the other doe is dry ). All are reg. except the doeling - papers have just not been sent in yet. Doe in milk is being milked once per day, and nursing, and is still giving 2 quarts per day - could give much more then that.

I have more information about them if interested. Her hubby says she can only keep the big nubians or the small nubians - she is going with the big ones, so he said find them a home or they go to auction. She isn't asking much at all, just a good home - but they must go together. Thanks !

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I wish they weren't so far away! I bet my parents would say yes! (My dad's a sucker and says he wouldn't mind having goats in the backyard.) :wink:

3. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    what generation are they?

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I'm guessing they are in the 1st and most likely 2nd gen range as their ears are more airplane-but that's just my opinion. They look pretty nice though.

5. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    yes, they look like little gliders.....very cute.

6. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    They are actually 3rd generation ( the does and buck ) and the doeling is 4th. They are very sweet and healthy and are in need of a new place to call home :+) Thanks !

7. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    They are cute! The kid looks just like a little nubian.

I have a question... when people say they have Alpine, ears, what do they mean? Do they mean like the breed Alpines? Melino's ears go up and are erect and facing forwards... those goats have floppy, side sticking ears. How'd they get called Alpine ears if they don't look like Alpine ears? Just curious.

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Airplane...not Alpine! :lol: Airplane ears stick out side ways like an airplane.

Cute goats!

9. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Oh! (hey Stacy, maybe you could add a smack-yourself in the face smilie lol)
    I guess I just always skim when I read posts, so I though it said Alpine! Duh! That makes sense. Now I feel dumb lol. Well, I guess it's better that I asked instead of saying to someone "hey, your goat has such cute Alpine ears!" Thanks for enlightening me Jacque :wink: !

10. MiddleRiver

MiddleRiver New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northwest WI
    LOL ! too funny !

If anyone is interested in this herd make her an offer - they need a new home asap.

She may be able to hold them for a short while for someone, and may be able to help with delivery.

They are easy goats to live with and stay in an electric fence.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    like this Emily: :doh:

12. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Yep! :doh: LOL

13. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member