Nigerian doeling WA

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by poppypatch, Aug 28, 2010.

1. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    last doeling left of the year. Very pretty girl just not flashy in color but she makes up for it in correctness and style. We kept her litter sister but am flexible between either her or her sister since both are just as nice.
    She has a fantastic pedigree:
    Poppy Patch Baby Take A Bow
    Sire- Buttin' Heads Father Christmas
    SS-CH Buttin' Heads MOH Rising Son
    SD-CH Buttin' Heads Black Iredsh Rose
    Dam-Poppy Patch Lil Miss Broadway
    DS-Twin Creeks Rebel W/O A Cause*S/*B
    DD-Poppy Patch BT Shirley Temple

If she goes to a show/breeding herd will let her go for only $150. Have not had the time to advertise and strictly keeping to cutting the herd down by about half the size we kept last year. The "D" word has come up several times the past few months but at this point we are still planning on at least one more year.

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Shes very nice, wish I lived closer. Im sure shes goin to sell really fast.

Whats the "D" word?

3. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    Dispersal?

Also, do you have any pictures? :)

Thanks!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

Oh haha DUH! Thanks natalie!

Sorry you might sell the herd.....Glad you are giving it another year.

5. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    All I have of her are a couple not very good photos of her from about 2 months ago. Will try to get out and take some new photos today.

Ya "D" as in dispersal. Getting harder to keep up with goats and everything else. The boyfriend wants to be able to vacation and doing goats and travel plans don't mesh well and I don't want to dump that much work on my Mom all the time.
    Problem is we just got some really nice new additions so having a hard time calling it quits. Cutting back little at a time and give it a try at least until next Spring.
    My life membership for ADGA comes up next year...been joking that when you have been into this long enough for life membership it's time to hang it up... and get a life. Ha ha

The dam of this doeling is probably going to a herd back East in September after she shows at state fair. She is a REALLY nice doe. Would not have sold her other than needing to cut back and wanting to be able to keep some doelings around to see how they are turning out.

6. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I would love to see pics... DH would kill me if I were to get another but that's a great price... :) They do tie you down for sure but I have a hard time imagining life without goats. Maybe it's time to get an RV and an intern to live in it and take care of them while you're away? :greengrin:

7. TinyHoovesRanch

Wow....Im so very sorry. I really hope everything works out for you. Please keep us updated so we can be there to support you :)

8. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Mom was out all day yesterday so I didn't have anybody to help take the photos. Will do it today.

Also my parents are going to be making a trip to San Jose CA in October and they can deliver goats to San Jose or drop off along the way. We don't charge for transport but we would need a health certificate to bring them across the CA border.
    They will be bringing the stock trailer with two adult bucks and two adult does on that trip so easy to put more on the same trip.

9. TinyHoovesRanch

Do you have anyothergoats for sale besides this doeling?

10. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    No, you can't call it quits. Wait just another year and a half. I'm not getting any new goats until all of ours are old enough to test for Johnes. I've always wanted just a few of your goats ;-)

11. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    bheila I'll try to stick with this long enough for you to get some nice goaties. You are from near where my brother lives. He works in Kent.
    If you are not busy on September 16th come over to the Puyallup fair. Nigerians are showing that day. Dairy goats are in barn J.

Even if I stop breeding/showing I'll still have plenty of pet goats with all the oldies and special pets.

12. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    Okay here are a couple photos of Baby although possibly not any better than what I took before. Black goats are hard enough to photograph and then we were dealing with shadows. If you see her in person she is a really nice kid. Angular, tight shoulders, nice depth and width, level on the move(not as good when she is standing and not wanting to hold still), tracks strait in the front. Maybe could use just a tad more length of bone but that seems to be improving as she gets more mature.

Attached Files:

13. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA
    If anyone wants to contact me about this doeling write to my email at [email protected]

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She is very pretty Shannon - wish I could make the trip down there --- I have a relative of hers :) out of the Iredish lines..... she would be nice here

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Soooo not fair that you are on the other side of the country!! Well....that and I have reached my herd limit and have no $ :(

She's a beauty and I was peeking at her dam too....such a drool worthy udder! Love the medial and the height...teat size too :drool:
    She'll be snatched up in no time!