The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am planning on getting a couple of wethers to have as pets, one is a full nigerian dwarf and the other is a nigerian dwarf and boer cross. I would like to know or have an aproximation of what would be the adult size of the boer cross kid, I fear it may be bigger than I anticipated making it harder to manage.

Context:
I have a small garden of aprox. 400sq. ft. and I would like to get a couple of smaller goats to have as pets. I may be able in a year or two to move to a similar house but with much bigger backyard.

I live in a country where smaller breeds are rare due to lack of demand so finding another breeder for NDs or similar is going to be very difficult. So if I want to get two ND's kids I may need to wait for the next breeding.

The breeder seems to have good reputation,and takes good care of his goats. When I asked him, he told me that the kid would not grow much bigger than a ND, however, bacause he is the one trying to sell me the goat I want to be sure.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
It will depend on whether the boer cross takes after the boer in him or the nigie. He shouldn't be as large as a boer either way but could be a decent medium size.

Reactions: Feltyr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts