Nigerian Dwarf Buck

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Lexibot, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I managed to snag a Nigerian Dwarf buck, he's supposed to be registered, but I usually don't count on it until I see the papers. He has blue eyes, black and white fur. I am going to call him "Black Torque". Only paid $100 for him, he's 4 months old, and nearly ready to breed, but I wont let him, lol!!! Yet.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Cool...congrats!! I think we will need some pics though. ;)

3. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    Yeah, it's too late now, and he's full of energy that's why I am calling him Torque), I'll try to get some tomorrow, as it's supposed to be a really nice day.

4. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awesome! I love the name by the way!

5. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
  6. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    LOL! I thought about calling him Oreo, because he has this white patch on the side against black walls, but Torque fits his personality :p He's a HEAVY bugger too! I can't believe how bulky he is for his age.

7. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Too cute! I like his "belt".

8. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    He has a very adorable face! I hate bucks with big, masculine and clunky heads. I have a doe who the owners called Oreo because her registered name is Dakota Oreo. I call her Dakota. Oreo seems to be more fitting for a very silly, child-like goat. I really like the name Torque. Belts are cool. I had a belted buck called Dante. Belts are dominant as far as I can tell from research and belted goats tend to pass it along quite a lot. Mine put a belt on every single kid he gave me (5 I think....I only used him one year.) If not a belt, they will put small spots on the mid-section of kids....like a fragment of the belt. I'm sure it's not 100%, but supposedly is very dominant, so he should give you lots of white markings.

9. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I want to get a patchy female to see what they would do. I seen a VERY nice ash grey with white patches, when I get money, Im'a be picky, I want a lot of whites, greys and blacks, I am a FANATIC for those colors.

Oh yeah, that white tint he has is just the dust I put on him, his black fur is BLACK.

10. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awww...he's so cute! Chunky little guy too, huh? :lol:

11. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    yes, all the goats the lady owned were quick chunky