Nigerian Dwarf Buckling For Sale in NW Oregon!

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by capriola-nd, Aug 21, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    We have a handsome little buckling for sale to a great home. He is very correct, long, level, dairy, refined w/ very loose, pliable skin, excellent rear leg set. He just looks incredible at only 3 weeks old! His dam is one of our favorites. To top it off, he is a very flashy broken chamoisee w/ random white (possibly moonspots too???). I have to check on that. . . .

He is registerable w/ both ADGA and AGS. He has been disbudded and is very healthy and well-cared for.

Sire: Camanna LK Royal Blue (NC PromisedLand HS Lion King x Camanna FD Tasonni Blue)
    Dam: Sugar Pine FD Bit O' Honey (Hayseed Farms FA Flash Dancer x Mountain Quest TM White Butterscotch)

Asking $250

More information is on our website. :D

I have his dam's ff udder pic as a yearling - but it looks much better now. I plan to take udder shots and milk her out the first week of September.

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh he's absolutely stunning! :drool:

Why must you all live so far away!

3. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Well, I need to figure out how to get him here!!! he is super cute, and I love his bloodlines, so I think I need to figure it out =)

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I really need to figure out how to ship goats. . . . if you figure out a way, let me know! :) I have one person interested in him but he's not as easy to sell as our other bucklings were, they had blue eyes. I really do not want to castrate him though, he could possibly be the best buckling born here yet. . . . actually I think he is. :D His sister, we're keeping her, has the thinnest, most pliable skin I have ever seen on a baby!! I am so thrilled with these kids! Honey has found the "perfect buck" in Royal Blue.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    blue eyes are nice but i think if people say they don't want him because he doesn't have blue eyes, they don't deserve him and you should tell them so. i like him and if i had room for another buck i'd get him.. now don't get me wrong i love blue eyes but i don't think that it should play a key factor in breeding programs

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I totally agree! Blue eyes are not top priority for us! It's just a nice bonus once in a while. We're fortunate to have purchased a really nice buck who happened to have blue eyes. This other gal just emailed me but wants me to lower the price to $200. I told her no. Feed is too expensive and he is well-worth the $250. That's cheap for a Nigerian!!! :D

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i bought my first nigerian buck for 125 but that was back when feed for me was 8 bucks a bag and the lady was selling out.

but i think 250 is a really good price for your little guy if not too low.

8. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    $250 is an awesome price!!! I just bought a wether (kid) for $175, had wanted her to keep him intact but she refused to sell any bucks intact, and I bought a doeling for $300... I think $250 for a buckling would be very nice.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I think the price for him could probably be a little more but that's about what people pay for Nigerians around here. Sometimes I'm able to sell them more (doe kids are easier to sell). Anna Brown (Camanna) keeps her prices on the lower end, so I try to do the same.

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    if you weren't like 20 hours from me i would take him but.. that's just highly unreasonable for me, and i already have 4 bucks!! haha

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I can understand that. That would be a LONG drive for the little guy! :)

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, I guess I should put on here that he is probably reserved. Someone will be sending a deposit shortly.

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    haha i did a 16 hour round trip in june to the USDA slaughter and to meet sixshooterfarm for our trades.. oh my that was terrible!

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is quite a drive!! I know of someone up in Central WA who drove down to Southern Oregon for a pygmy doe! I think that was 16 hours roundtrip! I don't know if I could do it! I was complaining (well, not really) about driving 3 hours to Anna Brown's on the coast, near Newport. That was SUCH a LONG drive!!! :D :roll:

15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    He sure is a cutie! Congrats on the possible sale! My dad drove 42 hours round trip to get goats from Lost Valley, Faith Catherine and Naya (Aisha was born the day after Faith arrived!). We have done lots of 16 + hour round trips gathering goats :help:

16. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    chelsey you are just HOPELESS when it comes to goats! :ROFL:

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hahaha yeah =) But atleast people that buy from me get to get all those genetics we worked so hard (and paid so much) for :hi5: And I am glad that the "traveling" goats have been super nice and worth it! Thankfully!!!!

18. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Goat people are so funny. My husband never knows when he might get to go on another goat adventure. We have gotten up at 3 am to make a trip 8 hours each way. I have made return trips to get additional goats that I should of bought on the first trip! He now just asks what I got planned for the weekend never knowing where he might end up! This weekend Oregon State Fair!!!!!!

19. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    LOL, yeah those waking uo at 3 am trips aren't too fun... heehee. We have made a few of those taking animals to the airport.

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Wow!! That is a VERY long drive!! I think Lost Valley goats would definitely be worth it though. :)