The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow and I have no idea how while waiting to get a nd buck to have babies with our 2 does our only buck right now is a pure saanen and one of the does ended up pregnant in completely separate enclosures I’ve heard this can be dangerous but I’m also curious to whether anyone else on her has experienced and how it went for them I’ve heard c section is generally the route is there any chance of a natural birth at all? Let me know what you guys think thanks

·
Super Moderator
58,881 Posts
While the buck may be a pure Saanen, the kids will be 50/50. It is possible to have a normal birth. Best to have a vet on speed dial and you have to watch how mush you feed her. Overfeeding creates large kids.

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
I do think there is a reason to be concerned. Saanen are a very large dairy breed. I have mini saanen born this year who were as large as my pure bred lamancha born a few days apart. (Saanen mom/and dad).
I would definitely get a vet involved..monitor how big babies are growing , feed mom careful, and have a plan in place. Yes some moms pop those babies out no problem..but many do not.

·
Super Moderator
58,881 Posts
Glad the birth went fine. Hope all the kids are good. Keep a close eye on them since it can be hard to nurse 3.

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Idk how so many pics popped up but they are doing good thanks guys!
Try to re-post the pics, there were so many duplicates and hard to figure out which ones were what as it only showed code form.

Glad all is OK. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts