The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rosebay Ridge Nigerian Dwarf Goats
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Super Flashy B & W Nigerian Dwarf Doe in milk ADGA/AGS reg.

NAME: New Moon FH Raven

PRICE: $350

BREED: Nigerian Dwarf

DISEASE TESTED: CAE Neg (Feb 2014 Biotracking)
CL, Johnes, Brucellosis Neg (via Vet, April 2014)

FRESHENINGS: First freshener, at age 1.9yrs, healthy twin bucklings,
4.0 & 4.5 lbs (!), unassisted birth, dam-raised

Pedigree: GrSire: (AGS) Twin Creeks WB Fire Storm
Sire: (AGS) Legacy's MS Fire Hawk
GrDam: (AGS) Twin Creeks Kry's Surprise

GrSire: (AGS) Desert Nanny EC Blue Galaxy *B
Dam: (AGS) New Moon Blue Venus
GrDam: (AGS) Milky Whey's Cookie Doe

I am reticent to sell this doe, who is was to be the foundation of my herd. Raven has a nice first freshening udder, has a nice dairy body, and, as well as lots of flash, has lots of character, is smart, hardy, and very easily handled for grooming, milking & routine vaccinations. She is my first and best goat, but her manner does not work plans for my future, strictly small, suburban herd. She always talks, because she is friendly, and can be vocal to the point of yelling/yodeling at certain times, such as ovulation, which simply won't work long term on our two acres.
I am enjoying her first freshening udder. She has been giving about two cups at morning milking, and she has buttery soft teats and udder, with nice shape and medial definition. She is slightly more productive on one side, which should even out over time.

She is available upon weaning her two bucklings, around August 1 2014.
I'm willing to drive 60 minutes/50 miles in any direction to accomodate delivery needs.

As stated above, Raven has been tested for the 4 prevalent dieseases in U.S. goats. Her mid April fecal sample came back FREE of all parasites (no pasture here, just forest browse), and I have her on Hoegger's Herbal Wormer seasonally.

Please note, I don't have an easy fix for the upside-down photos. Technical difficulties. If you email me at www.rosebayridge.com, I can send you correctly oriented pictures and more pictures as well.

Attachments

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Black & White ND FF Doe in Milk, back up for Sale..... $325

This doe is back up for sale, priced a little less, as the pending sale fell through, and we need to make.space.
She is milking at 2 quarts per day, having weaned her kids. She has nice first freshening udder and capacity. Her udder texture is very soft and elastic, with nice milkable (3 finger) teats, which may well be four-fingered teats by next freshening.

Her best characteristics in conformation are length of body, deep heart girth and wide rib spacing, and nicely angled hocks. She's never been shown. She stands 21 inches tall.

She is very healthy and has been my most parasite resistant doe.
Extended pedigree available on request.

Attachments

·
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used to own her grandpa Galaxy and she looks so like him. I can't imagine you'll have trouble selling her.
I bought her because of her resemblence to Galaxy. He's a beauty!
Her son is nearly Gal's spitting image too. They both make pretty babies. Thanks for the encouragement :)

Desert Nanny EC Blue Galaxy's great grandson, Cedric: still a charmer, even upside down! (lol, why does the upload flip one pic but not the other??)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts