The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, recently i have been very interested in goats, especially nigerian dwarfs goats, mostly for milk production but also goats are awesome! I would like to know as much as possible about these wonder creatures, please tell me. I would love to hear!

·
570 Posts
Oh I love my nigies they are sweet and loving buy also independent and have amazing personalities. They can also be piggies lol but I love them so much. They are easy to handle because of there sizes and easy!

·
570 Posts
They are really hardy too! Easy to keep weight on!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love my little ones. I have 5 nigerian dwarfs. With one do to kid in September. They are nice and friendly. My grandson who is 6 is always in the pen with them and when my 3 year old niece is over she goes right in with them too. she likes to feed them grass and play on the toys they have in there pen

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Welcome to TGS!
If you are planning on milking your Nigies, make sure to buy from good bloodlines...

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,087 Posts
Oh man do I love this breed.

A few words to describe them: Hardy, spunky, personable, clever, loving.

I have a herd of 11 right now, they are truly a joy to breed and raise. If you buy from the right breeder, they produce VERY well for their size ... usually about half a gallon a day per doe. Their size makes them easier to handle, and they need less room. They are often easy keepers.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Wonderful breed! They're such neat little goats. If you have questions feel free to ask...it would take days to type up and cover everything there is to know about them. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts