Nigerian Dwarf Herd for sale - Yucaipa, CA - very sad owners

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by BeckyD, Aug 12, 2012.

1. BeckyD

BeckyD New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Yucaipa, California
    I am back to work full time and must sell my small herd of Nigerian Dwarf goats. This is a very difficult time for our family and we are very sad to part with them, but we are not able to keep them at this time.

I'm contacting everyone we know who might have ANY interest or know of anyone who might have an interest in the goats. I'm hesitant to put them on Craigs list, not because of the $ - I'm happy to sell them for far less than market value if I know they'll go to good homes - but because of how many folks are just looking for weed-eaters. I'm not completely adverse to selling them for meat - we sold a big, beefy, alfalfa-fed wether for meat and it broke my heart but I knew that he had a good life with us.

Anyway, here's what we have left for sale. NOTE: I haven't figured out the whole pic thing on here so if you'd like photos, please email me. The goats are marked individually but the price is negotiable, especially if you purchase the whole herd or multiple goats.

~ Patches ($150) - Doe almost 5 yrs old, primarily white with chocolate and near-black patches. Just kidded in June - consistently easy, quick and quiet births. She is almost completely dried up because I'm not milking her this time (BTW, she's a great little producer - average about a quart a day! She doesn't LOVE being milked but she does produce.)

~ Lucien Logman ($50) - a gorgeous 2-month-old buckling born June 7th that we've left intact because we think he'll make such a great sire if someone needs one. He's blue-eyed, chocolate chamoisee coat with black socks and black stripe down his spine and black mask-like facial markings and white topknot at his horns. NOT disbudded.

~ Dwalin -($50 - or negotiable with another goat) - wether, primarily white with brown patches. Very sweet and loving - I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a dog,

~ Lola ($150)- Solid white doe. Patches daughter, born April 13 2011, due to kid this week, first freshener. NOT disbudded - very docile and people-friendly.

~ Whatever kids Lola produces ($50 each) - no sonogram and no birthing history so I have no idea how she'll do. If she's anything like Patches, it'll be a piece of cake. Here's hoping.

~ Jentry ($150) - A broken chamoisee-coated blue-eyed buck - a wonderful, gentle, and very fertile buck. One hour in the pen with each girl and wa-lah! Kids 5 months later.

~ We also have a home-made but VERY sturdy (and adjustable) milking stand, Meatlix Minerals with copper, a few first aid/kidding supplies, hoof-trimmers, banding equipment, medications and a few syringes, (vaccines, wormer, Selenium/Vit E gel). The medications will go with the goats, depending on how the herd is split up. The stand price is negotiable - would go for free if someone purchases both does - and the other various supplies are also negotiable.

Again, not looking to even recoup our expenses, just want to make sure they go to a good home.

Please contact me or feel free to give my contact information out to folks who might be interested.

Thanks so much,
    Becky Doughty
    [email protected]

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Re: Nigerian Dwarf Herd for sale - Yucaipa, CA - very sad ow

Can you send bloodlines?

3. BeckyD

BeckyD New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Yucaipa, California

Absolutely. Let me get my paperwork from the barn and put the info together for you! BRB!

4. BeckyD

BeckyD New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Yucaipa, California

Bloodlines:

~ Patches is Vista's TD Patches - DOB: 3/29/2008
    Sire: AGS Woodhaven Farms Touchdown
    ~Sire: AGS Woodhaven Farms TKO
    ~Dam: AGX Woodhaven Farms Zesta
    Dam: AGS Santa Ana Zoo Jill
    ~Sire: AGS Sandy Hollow D Shirleys Cowboy
    ~Dam: AGS Pecan Hollow Bonnies Blu Heart

~ Jentry is Double Sundog SN Blue Jentry - DOB: 4/2/2009
    Sire: AGS Flying Moons BB Sinatra
    ~Sire: AGS Desert Nanny Icy Blue Bolt
    ~Dam: Wood Bridge Farm VO DE OH Doe
    Dam: Double Sundog MD Havasu Sass
    ~Sire: AGS Double Sundog HN Madadamia
    ~Dam: AGS Dreams Come True Be Obie

~ Lotus (Lola) Blossom (not registered) - DOB: 2/13/2011
    Sire: Desert Winds LZ Whole Lotta Love (No info on paperwork)
    Dam: Vista's TD Patches (see above)
    NOTE: Lola is bred to Double Sundog SN Blue Jentry (see above)

~ Lucien Logman: 2 month old buckling - DOB: 6/7/2012
    Sire: Double Sundog SN Blue Jentry (see above)
    Dam: Vista's TD Patches (see above)

~ Dwalin - No papers. Purchased as companion goat.

5. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey

I hope they all find good homes. Sadly we cannot afford to have them shipped )=

6. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Did you JUST buy Jentry? I thought Aura acres owned him?

I wish I could buy some....Im not sure id have transport though :(

7. Whistle Creek Farm

Whistle Creek Farm New Member

Aug 10, 2012

Do you have any pictures of Jentry and Patches?

8. BeckyD

BeckyD New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Yucaipa, California

Bought Jentry December last year. Just before Christmas.

9. Re: Nigerian Dwarf Herd for sale - Yucaipa, CA - very sad ow

Hi Becky,

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. :hug: I can imagine how heartbreaking it must be. I pray you find wonderful homes for all of them. :pray:

There is a good photo of Jentry on Aura Acres Website. I'm sure Stephanie wouldn't mind people going there to see him: http://auraacres.com/bucks.html the photo is at the bottom of the bucks page where the reference photos are shown.

10. BeckyD

BeckyD New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Yucaipa, California

Thanks everyone - yes, we're very sad. Not sure if we will be moving or not but for the goats' sake, don't want to wait until things get dire and then we have to do something desperate. We just love the little creatures and want the best for them.

Totally appreciate your prayers. God loves His goats, too, right?

11. Re: Nigerian Dwarf Herd for sale - Yucaipa, CA - very sad ow

Absolutely!

12. mnorton

mnorton New Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Hello Becky
    I am very interested in the does if you still have them. Please phone me back at you earliest convenience at. I have an acre of space and can provide a loving home.
    thank you,
    Mary Ann

13. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

This is an old post from 2012. I removed your phone number.

14. I wish we knew what the outcome was, though- what happened to those goats (even if they ended up on CL-- we bought our first goats from CL, and even though they are wild, mischievous things, my daughter has informed me, they are ours for Life!)

15. Darl2015

Darl2015 New Member

May 7, 2015
    the Herd

Becky I can understand your pain. I do not plan on eating any goats just drinking their milk. I'd love to get momma and her babies and if you want a package deal of more. I would have to get a better price to be able to start off. As we are just starting off and I would love too keep them in the food they are accustom to. I need to know it your goats have been tested for TB and Brucellosis as these to can be passed on to humans when we drin the milk please let me know.
    Thank you
    Darlene A.

16. LibertyHomesteadFarm

LibertyHomesteadFarm Member

Feb 1, 2014
    This is an old post from 2012.