The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in NC. Some lovely does and a wonderful breeding buck available! We are currently reducing our herd and having to make some tough decisions :(

CAE, CL, and Johnes negative herd. Goats are UTD on shots and monitored for parasites (we run fecals ourselves and teach all our clients how to do so). Here's a screenshot of the first doe. She is ready to be bred this fall.

Capture Lemon Chiffon.PNG

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Peony is another doe looking for a new herd. Love this little doeling! Just trying to keep reasonable numbers :)
Peony was shown at the NCDGBA show. She was 1st in all three rings and RCH behind my GCH doe. PM for more info
Peony.PNG

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wings & Caprines SCG Raleigh is available for his new herd. We really admire this buck which is why we have retained him for so long. My entire herd is now related to Raleigh so he needs a herd of his own.

Raleigh was bottle raised, is disbudded and well mannered. He gets along well with our other adult bucks as well as our young buck kids. Our herd is CAE, CL, and Johnes negative.

Dam: Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl VEVE 90

Sire: Wings & Caprines IL Seth

Pictured below in the group photo is Raleigh's "family":

Raleigh's dam, CarolinaGirl just scored VEVE 90 on her linear appraisal and has one leg toward her CH with very minimal showing (Due to her kidding late in the year) CarolinaGirl's littermate sister, Wings & Caprines SunnyDay CLVR scored VEVV 88 @ 3-06 and has two legs toward her CH, CarolinaGirl's half sister Wings & Caprines IR Red Hot 2*M scored V+VV 87 @ 2-05 and has two legs toward her CH. CarolinaGirl's dam JNR Homestead Ruth 1*M scored VEEV 89 @ 6-03 (We don't show Ruth as we only started showing in the recent years).

We have retained all of CarolinaGirl's doelings for our own herd. Both her 2018 kids earned their dry leg and Raleigh's two littermate sisters have also earned their dry leg, along with a Best Jr Doe in Show win.

Raleigh is 4 5 0

Deposit required to hold. First come first serve.

PM for more info

Pics: Buck available, his dam, "family pics", dam's full sisters (buckskin does), Raleigh's two littermate sisters and two half sisters (same dam)
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl Buck  (4) - Copy.JPG

Wings & Capirnes CarolinaGirl VEVE 90 rear udder.JPG Wings & Caprines Carolina, Clover, Red Hot, Ruth 2.JPG Wings & Caprines Carolina, Clover, Red Hot, Ruth.JPG Paris & Berlin 2xGCH & RCH 2018 NCSTF.JPG Wings & Caprines Willow Springs BIS.JPG Wings & Caprines Holly GCH.JPG Wings & Caprines TTL Eclipse GCH Restricted Leg May 26 NCDGBA .JPG Wings & Caprines Totality GCH Restricted Leg 5-26 NCDGBA (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
Can raleigh just uhm abuse my gracie this fall? (rofl):shrug:(shy):wave:. We have considered a fb nigi buck... but i do not wanna keep anymore stinky boys. :p. His mohawk is too cute!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Well, he's not that stinky! Does that help? He's a Nigerian. I count them as 1/2 goats :D That's what I like to tell myself anyway! (woot) He is a ladies man!

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)(rofl)

Well, he's not that stinky! Does that help? He's a Nigerian. I count them as 1/2 goats :D That's what I like to tell myself anyway! (woot) He is a ladies man!
Hahhaa oh please! Not stinky my arse. Hahhahaa. I really do not mind the boys stink.. i jus make sure i am not in goin to town clothes when i go out to them. (rofl)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's fun to go to town all Bucky stinkin! People stay away and you can sail through the store without anyone bothering you!
:heehee:
I went to a friends farm and looked at her bucks (I was buying one- years ago). They were just going into rut and smelled terrible. I ended up stopping at a gas station on the way home for some water. At the checkout, people kept their distance LOL Who knows the thoughts going through their heads!!

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I went to a friends farm and looked at her bucks (I was buying one- years ago). They were just going into rut and smelled terrible. I ended up stopping at a gas station on the way home for some water. At the checkout, people kept their distance LOL Who knows the thoughts going through their heads!!
When i was growin up.... dad did hogs for goldkist.... goin to town was always an interestin trip. Lol! It was fine if we went for stuff in the "normal" places even though non frequenters of those place gave us looks but the regulars knew dad and knew what he did for a livin. But a quick stop in the grocery for my granny b was always a hoot.

Even today. We made the monthly death trip to walmart... ugh we despise walmart . And we both jad barn clothes on.... yup fun times. Our hands and faces were clean. Sheesh. What more do these people want?!?! Lol!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
When i was growin up.... dad did hogs for goldkist.... goin to town was always an interestin trip. Lol! It was fine if we went for stuff in the "normal" places even though non frequenters of those place gave us looks but the regulars knew dad and knew what he did for a livin. But a quick stop in the grocery for my granny b was always a hoot.

Even today. We made the monthly death trip to walmart... ugh we despise walmart . And we both jad barn clothes on.... yup fun times. Our hands and faces were clean. Sheesh. What more do these people want?!?! Lol!
I guess they want what the majority here dress in, pajama bottoms, fuzzy slippers and whatever they pulled out of laundry hamper for a shirt.

Reactions: NigerianNewbie

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I guess they want what the majority here dress in, pajama bottoms, fuzzy slippers and whatever they pulled out of laundry hamper for a shirt.
Oh gah! Here too. It is considered ok to wear that but not actual workin clothes... farms, construction, utility.... cause people always stray away from "those" people. And this is a farm community. A quite old one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts