Nigerian Dwarf sextuplets

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatheaven, Jul 23, 2009.

1. goatheaven

goatheaven New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    South Carolina
    I saw that a doe named Samantha at Tranquility Acres had sextuplet nigerian dwarf kids! Wow! I also thought it was interesting because the dam of the mother was Tranquility Acres Julie. I know that sweetgumminnis(Ashley) used to own her (Tranqulity Acres Julie) and now I thought another member on here owns her now. You can click on the "kids" tab on her site and see the kids soon after they were born. They don't look that small to me to say there were 6.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.tranquilityacres.net/index.html

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awwww...they are way cute! Wouldn't that be a surprise to end up with 6 kids in one kidding! I think their was someone on TGS whose goat had sextuplets...or maybe it was quintuplets. :?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They are cute.. :love: ..Miracles do happen.....so I'd say that ...it is definitely possible.... :wink:

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    We had a set of quads a few years ago, and my naughty Swirl had two sets of five in one year...I wonder how all the babies are?? That's alot of work!! And so tiny!! One of our quads weighed 10 ounces when she was born!!

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I know nigies can be known to have large litters. Quads are not uncommen. Eliya had a mini nubian that had five or six i think this last spring.
    beth

6. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah...we had 3 sets of quads this year so yep...quads aren't to uncommon.

7. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I like two babies , three at the most, that way mom can do her job and everyone is happy!!

8. Well, I think they are very nice but two are enough for me and three is pushing it as far as I like to. But that is me.

9. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I agree...I think two is perfect...3 is fine if the mother has lots of milk for them.

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I bottle feed all of my kids sinse i have full sized dairy goats. Two is good three is great. But four makes them small. I like good sized healthy kids. Number isnt too important.
    beth

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    I had quints last year... high numbers are really common with the ND's