The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think of one of our herd sires? His name is Royal Blue (aka: Roy-Roy). I wanted to ask mainly about his rear leg set. Does he have a "wide escutcheon"? He isn't set up in this pic, just wandering around the pasture. He was actually checking out the tractor. :)

I didn't really clip him, just clipped off the really long hair on his rear legs and back. That "poof" on the top of his head is from not finishing clipping him. :) I wish his neck was a little longer but thankfully all of our does have really long, lean necks, so I guess that's not such bad thing, still wish it was longer though. . . .

·
The farm that Hope began
2,799 Posts
So handsome! :love:

It's been SO hard finding a Nigi buck in my area. Haven't managed it yet. I may have to break down and buy one...what a terrible thing that would be! :wink:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
He looks pretty good from what I can tell but head up photos and legs set wider for the rear would be much easier to judge. He's a handsome color too. :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, he's well-behaved (for the most part) so I will try to take some better pics. Here's one of him walking. I took these right before his "afternoon snack" I guess, as he would not bring his head up from the pasture. :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's a yearling. Born 6/21/07

We're really happy w/ him for the most part, he's a sweet boy too so that's a plus. :D

He had some more kids born today!! I will try to get pics posted soon. The doe, Honey, that I asked how many babies she had. Well, she had beautiful triplets!! (You were right, Liz.) Two does and a buck. Honey is down on the farm so I haven't seen the kids yet but my cousin called and told me she had them. I can't wait to see them! So, that puts Roy-Roy at three does, and two bucks. My cousin couldn't quite tell which babies were blue-eyed (if any) but I will know by tomorrow when I go down to work. Will put pics asap! :D

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
He looks pretty good. He has nice withers and top line. Looks dairy too.

Congrats on the new babies!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts