Nigerian Herd Sire

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by capriola-nd, Jul 31, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    What do you all think of one of our herd sires? His name is Royal Blue (aka: Roy-Roy). I wanted to ask mainly about his rear leg set. Does he have a "wide escutcheon"? He isn't set up in this pic, just wandering around the pasture. He was actually checking out the tractor. :)

I didn't really clip him, just clipped off the really long hair on his rear legs and back. That "poof" on the top of his head is from not finishing clipping him. :) I wish his neck was a little longer but thankfully all of our does have really long, lean necks, so I guess that's not such bad thing, still wish it was longer though. . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    So handsome! :love:

It's been SO hard finding a Nigi buck in my area. Haven't managed it yet. I may have to break down and buy one...what a terrible thing that would be! :wink:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    He looks pretty good from what I can tell but head up photos and legs set wider for the rear would be much easier to judge. He's a handsome color too. :)

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, he's well-behaved (for the most part) so I will try to take some better pics. Here's one of him walking. I took these right before his "afternoon snack" I guess, as he would not bring his head up from the pasture. :)

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He is a pretty color and I like his level top and length. How old is he?

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I LOVE his color! He's a really cute boy!

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    He's a yearling. Born 6/21/07

We're really happy w/ him for the most part, he's a sweet boy too so that's a plus. :D

He had some more kids born today!! I will try to get pics posted soon. The doe, Honey, that I asked how many babies she had. Well, she had beautiful triplets!! (You were right, Liz.) Two does and a buck. Honey is down on the farm so I haven't seen the kids yet but my cousin called and told me she had them. I can't wait to see them! So, that puts Roy-Roy at three does, and two bucks. My cousin couldn't quite tell which babies were blue-eyed (if any) but I will know by tomorrow when I go down to work. Will put pics asap! :D

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    He looks pretty good. He has nice withers and top line. Looks dairy too.

Congrats on the new babies!!!

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    How exciting!!! I can't wait to see pics of the new ones!