The Goat Spot Forum banner

Nigerian mini birth of 3

707 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  toth boer goats
Hey guys my Nigerian mini is working on getting her last baby out since last night around 7 pm and I just went and checked on her and no new improvements, I can only see one Hoove sticking out of her which was the same since last night. At what time frame should I consider to get worried. She is not having any more contraction’s this morning. Ive read she will push it out on her own so don’t get involved to help her. I just want to know a time frame. Thanks
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Pull the kid it is stuck it will most likely not be alive now try to get second hoof out and head she needs help delivering
Reactions: 1
Usually within 30 minutes of pushing and nothing is happening something is wrong and you should go in
Reactions: 1
Pull the kid it is stuck it will most likely not be alive now try to get second hoof out and head she needs help delivering
Thank you ok I’m going to try and pull it out
OMG. That kid should have pulled out as soon as you saw there was a problem. If you don't get that kid out, your doe will die. You are lucky she is still alive. Expect the kid to be dead.
I stick my hand in there and it feels like there is no room I kinky feel the one leg, she feels tight, I can’t find the other leg but I pulled and no luck so far ! I’m going to give her a break and try again
Thank you ok I’m going to try and pull it out
I’m calling a vet I can’t get it out
Oh my! Poor baby! I hope your doe is ok! my first time EVER having a doe to kid that I didn't even know had been bred it was really bad.... So I hope she will be ok and her other babies!
Hope things are ok?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.