Night BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by sweetgoats, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    This is Night, She is my last doe to kid for a while, I have one more due in May, that I guess the buck felt she looked lonely one day so he thought he would take care of things. lol

Anyway she was due on the 26th, (that was 150 days). These were taken on the 29th.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I tell you I have never had them all go over their due dates like this. :GAAH:

I know that is her due date because I hand bred her. She is getting a bag but like all the others it is hardly there until they kid then it just appears. :hair:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Night at 156 days. will she ever kid?

are you absolutely - 100% positive on the breed date? Not accidently on the wrong month (I say this from experience - LOL!)

If not - I would induce her ... don't want those babies getting to big.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

No I know the date for sure.

ALL of my goats have gone to about 160 days this year. OK, almost all. I think I had one that was 152.

She is not in any stress or anything. She is acting just fine, almost like WHAT? What do you ant me to do?

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

LOL! No - that is cause momma (you) is having all the stress for her - LOL!

Is it normal for the Cashmere to wait till 160?

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I've had more than record numbers go over their due dates lately too. Must be the year, something going on to cause it.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well, I have never had this many go this later before, sure one every now and then but this many? :shrug: :GAAH:

We are going to have a weather change tomorrow night (Wednesday), so that might set her into labor.

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Here's hoping for Wednesday night then. Come on Night-we want to see babies! :wink:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Well anything yet? I know today is wednesday and not the night but I have to ask anyway --- Cant wait ot see if seh continues your girls streek

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well, still nothing at all. The storm is to come tonight, but I would not really call it a storm, it is just going to be cooler, and I guess it is possible to have some snow.

I looked at my breeding records this morning because I just can not believe she is this late.

That is the only date she was with the Buck, August 30th. I hand bred her. She is not in any stress, she is running and jumping and playing with the others, fights for the food, getting a bag, not huge yet but non of my goats had a bag before they delivered. She is open a bit and really loose. SO I am going CRAZY. :hair: :hair:

Stacey, I am not sure about the girls or not. I smelled her head a few weeks ago and WOW was it a buck smell, so I figured only boys, then I smelled it again and I really did not smell hardly any, so I am hoping ofr at least one doe. I need one more because I have deposits and I need one more to fill my deposits.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

My goodness! At least you know for sure that she can't make you wait another week! A couple days maybe. Hope you get 2 adorable little cuddley girls from her.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: Night 163 day and FINALLY in labor

Well this morning as I went out to feed and get the goats bedded down and ready for the storm that is going to hit us, (Nothing like on the East). Anyway, I was outside doing somethings to get one of the goats and her babies in another place, bt I heard some yelling BBBBAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, over and over. So as I went in to feed them inside she would not move to eat her feed. SO not her.

Anyway she is up and down and of course she is in a corner where the camera doesn't really show. But because of the storm I new she would finally decide to kid for me. :cool:

FINALLY she I will be done until May. :leap: :cool:

12. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California

Yay, congrats that she's finally getting down to business! Looking forward to hearing progress reports!! :)

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats great to hear Lori

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

great news....can't wait... :hug: :greengrin:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

woohoo! how is Night coming along?

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Hoping she's given you 2 pretty girls...if not 3 and that all is going well.

17. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts

Hope everything is going well.

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well, it was not a good outcome at all. After what I thought was to long to be going on, I went into her and all I could get was one foot. Ok, finally two. C***, where is the head. It was turned back and stuck. I mean really stuck. I sat there and prayed the to the lord to help me. I have never had this problem before. After a horrible time I finally got my finger in the babies mouth and was able to get it turned. I pulled out a big beautiful DOE. DEAD. I did mouth to mouth and everything. I was sick.

BUT the thing that was really weird she she had 4 teeth. Was not unusually large or anything.

OK, NOW I need everyone to pray for her (Night). I have no idea if I tore her uterus. How can I tell? I felt like my fingers were tearing through everything but I have no idea if I was just panicked.

Can someone tell me how I would know? SHe is really sore as I would assume she is. I gave her lots of molasses waster and she was drinking it until I went int her again to check for more because she was getting really big.

Lord, I pray that you will be with my night. I pray that I did not tear her uterus and that she will be fine, sore but fime. Lord Please help her, I fee just horrible and like a murder.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh Lori I am so sorry :hug: Prayers being sent for Night and for you too

May God comfort you and heal Night and let her be ok

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Stacey, do you know hoe to tell if the uterus is torn?