Nigis for sale or trade Nor California

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by sixshooterfarm, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Hi all, I am selling about 20 of my nigerian dwarf goats, bucks and does for sale. All reg and great quality, just need to downsize. I want a herd of about 15-20 nigis and was thinking about getting 5 nubian does. I wsnt to milk and make stuff with milk but dont have the time to milk 20 nigis so I want to get a couple nice reg nubian does. So I am willing to do some trading as well. please call if you are interested in buying or trading, and if you have another breed dont hesitate to ask as I may like what you have! But it has to be a dairy breed sorry.. 209-753-8360

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hey sixshooter........ :) .....As you know I am in the boers................sorry I can't buy any from you............but I will pray that you sell all you have up for sale real soon............good luck.... :pray:

3. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Dont you boer goat breeders do percentages and have nubians usually? Do you know of anyone who has nubians as I cant find anyone close to me, just a couple here in california, but they are either super expensive or too far away. Anyone know?

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sixshooter ..............my DH wants to know why you want nubians and not boer........LOL He put me up to this question............. :) :cool:

5. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    lol, I want the milk. I was thinking about getting into boers but I want to milk a couple of nubians instead of a bunch of nigis. What can I do with the boers except eat them?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have been told (and this was just being told - I don't know) that if you cross them with a dairy you will get sweeter meat and better milk production - since boers are not that well known for having a high volume of milk.

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree allison............crossing boers with nubians does give you good milk........................................sixshooter .................how much milk do you need LOL.............Some of my boers were giving us a gallon of milk when we milked them out.............a day............ :)

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hope you can sell what you have....but I do have to stick up for the "little ones" a good nigi in her peak will give a half gallon a day, milk3 and you have ALOT of milk....I still have some in the freezer..lol and they don't eat as much. Really hope you get what you're looking for...if you weren't on the otherside of the country I'd have to add to my herd! lol

9. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    I guess it's the weather change and I"m feeling a bit froggy - but the colder it gets, the more I miss my Nigis --- glad you're not closer as it'd be awful tempting to add a few (*evil eye towards the floppy eared spotted nubian*...up for trades you say?) LOL!
    G-luck selling them ...

10. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Wish you were not so far. We are having a hard time finding Nigerians and would love to add them to our goat family. Darn , wish we were closer.

11. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Well shoot if you can get lots of milk out of them then thats all I care about really I guess. I mean I do want some purebreds as I do like to show, when I can get out to show and I like the pedigrees and stuff. And dont worry I do know that the little guys do milk very very well! I just dont think I have the right bloodlines or something that I am getting that kind of milk. If I am lucky I am getting maybe 12 to 24 oz of milk from a doe so I am wanting to downsize so that I know the girls are getting top quality food and all the hay they want, right now I just have way too many to be able to do that. So I know once I get down to a manageable number I know they will be at their top performance! :wink: :greengrin: and I would love to have like 10 nigi does, 5 or so nubians and I could get a couple boers or boer crosses. They could serve as a multipurpose meat and milk. What do you all think, Toth I would be interested in talkin to you about your boers.

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That sounds like it would be a good plan for you. Hope you find good homes for all your goaties!

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i have a lamancha/boer X and her mother (PB LAMANCHA) milked something like 12 pounds.. so..

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hey sixshooter.....we will give you a phone call some time soon......... :thumbup:

15. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I used to have a fb boer doe I used for milking, I would get 2 L a day which I believe is 1/2 a US liquid gallon, and I was only milking one side of the udder, so I imagine you could get 1 gall. from a good doe. It was plenty for me.