The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody hear about his walk across Little Colorado River gorge today?
:eek:

·
208 Posts
Watched it intently. The Wallenda family reside in Saraosta, where we lived for decades before moving up to Brooksville. In fact, One of the Wallenda brothers was actually my wife's civics teacher in high school!

They are truely nice people, and when my kids were little I'd take them over to one of the Wallenda homes to watch them practice on their backyard tightrope :)

Very happy that Nik made it across safely!

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Watched it intently. The Wallenda family reside in Saraosta, where we lived for decades before moving up to Brooksville. In fact, One of the Wallenda brothers was actually my wife's civics teacher in high school!

They are truely nice people, and when my kids were little I'd take them over to one of the Wallenda homes to watch them practice on their backyard tightrope :)

Very happy that Nik made it across safely!
That's so cool! Sometime I'd like to watch someone walking a tightrope live...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Against the wishes and pleas of religious leaders from the Hopi Tribe of Arizona, he defiled the most sacred place on earth to these people. All in the name of profit and vicarious thrill seeking. Personally, I'm not impressed.

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure of all the particulars, so I won't say anything about that other than: If it was that important to them, he probably could have worked it out/ done it in a different place.

Anyway, here's my new dream wish, become a tight-rope walker! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts