Nipping at herself

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by mabeane, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mabeane

mabeane New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Talmadge, Maine
    My ND looks pregnant and round but since she seemed to come back into heat a couple of times I am not sure. However in the last week it looks like she is nipping against her sides. I guess I would describe it as little pull marks. I'm wondering if wiggly babies are causing this (fingers crossed). Her first and second breeding puts her at 2 to 3 months along. She however seemed to come into heat again on Oct 27.
    Any insight? I want to milk her as long as possible but also want her to have the rest break she needs.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well if you want to be sure -- just pull some blood and send it into biotracking.com and for 7.50 they can tell you if she is bred or not.

When you said she "came back into heat" how was she acting that made you believe that?

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    My doe Leilani does that when she is prego... however I'd be sure to check for lice/mites and mineral intake before determining that is the cause. :) Fingers crossed you will have babies soon!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with the others.... :thumb: check for lice in case..... :wink: hope she is preggo... :hug: