The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see how my goat could be pregnant... She is due on Feb. 7th and does't have a belly. At 4 week pregnant, I posted a pick of her pooch and everyone said pregnant... The man I bought her from said she was bred, but still no change in her size.

I have been checking her for heat signs, and haven't seen any yet..although we don't have a buck. I don't know if that makes a difference in her signs of heat.

I tried to get another pic, but she won't lift her tail or stand still long enough. She follows me thinking I have food.

Has anyone had a goat that did not look pregnant when she delivered.

· Registered
6,548 Posts
yep. Had a nubian, FF, that we never believed was pg. Found her with a baby and absolutely NO signs that she had even delivered....no bag, no bloody show, etc. Removed baby and a different FF that did show signs of recently delivering. Nobody was happy. Went out a couple hours later and found ANOTHER baby! Took the nubian and the other baby in. Nubian took the 1st baby back and nursed her (no clue how because she never developed a bag of any kind) and the other mama took HER baby. LOL

Have one this year that is a FF that we are actually still debating if she is actually pg and she's due any time. She's finally showing a little and starting to develop a bag.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I have one doe that is so long you would not think she was pregnant and she almost always gave me 10# twins.

It is all in how they carry them.

Can you post another picture of your doe? Get a back end again.

· Super Moderator
36,683 Posts
YEP..had a nubian had me guessing until I saw her buck kid next to her...he was a tiny thing...she did this to us both kidding seasons..

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one doe that is so long you would not think she was pregnant and she almost always gave me 10# twins.

It is all in how they carry them.

Can you post another picture of your doe? Get a back end again.
She is very long and tall....second time having kids.. I will try again to get another pic and post on a seperated thread...Keep an eye out for another pooch test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.