No dry yearlings next year!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    YAY! All three of our March doelings are big enough to breed! Flicka and Gem weighed 78lbs. when we taped them the other day and Jade was 85lbs!! Gem and Jade are sisters. Jade is gaining approx. 0.41lbs. a day. In 19 days Jade had gained 10lbs! :shock: :D We are going to have a very spread out kidding season! Kiko/Boer and Nubian/Kiko cross kids in Jan(2 kidding), Nubian kids mid/end of Feb(1 kidding), Nubian kids in mid march(1 kidding), and Nubian and Nubian/Kiko cross kids in April/May(3-4 kidding). Babies......Babies......BABIES!!! :leap: :clap:

I am sure we will probably be doing this :hair: by the time all of the kids are here! :ROFL:

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Awsome! I have 2 more does left to breed, Gabby should come into heat any day now and Proxy is going to have to wait another month.

3. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Flicka should be coming in heat next week. I can hardly wait, because this is going to be funny! She already has a disgusted look on her face when she walks by his pen and he flaps his lips at her! I am going to get a real dirty look when I stick her in there and then shut the door in her face!!! :shock: :lol: Gem should be coming in heat in about two weeks....and I am not sure about Jade.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh, I know! Don't you just love that look they give you! Like "I don't wanna be with him, he's and icky boy" :lol:
    I had to rebreed Gertie yesterday(Feb kid) she's so funny when I put her in there. Her tail is going at a hundred miles an hour but all she wants to do is head butt with the buck. She also does the buck thing to him :roll: The funniest part is that he'll pee on her face and she'll pee on his, then they just stand there looking at each other with their lips up :lol:
    Goats are funny :D

5. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I'll have a dry yearling next year! I don't plan on breeding Georgia.

But our breedings are spread out to. I have two that would be due between dec-feb. another due in march. and then my two nubians who aren't bred yet...I dont think. Unless Storm was able to get the job done. Lol

6. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    The looks we get are very funny!! I put Flicka in with Cass yesterday, because I thought she looked like she was starting to come into heat....she was freaking out, so I let them both out that way she get away from him a bit. She ran off and he joyfully bounced after her like Peppy LaPue(SP?)!!!! :ROFL:

Today after we cleaned the barn we put Jade, Gem, and Flicka in with Cass. Jade is in heat now and I just seen him breed her! :D

Amy, I hope Storm will be able to get the job done soon if he already hasn't. :)

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    ROFL, I never thought about it like Peppe LaPue, lol That'd be a good name for a buck :wink:

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks. Me to! Hannah should come in heat around the 13th IF he didn't breed her. She is currently with him incase she comes in early. Delilah should come in around the 20th if she didnt get bred either. Thankgoodness for calendars! LOL