No frills GM soap

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by liz, Dec 1, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I've been making soap from the excess milk I have in the freezer for a few years now, tweaking recipes and experimenting with different scented oils over the last few months have given me an over abundance the last few weeks.
    A few sample pics of what I have available are on my website, as of yet, my know how of providing a way of payment through paypal is zip, so for now I am relying on the honor system...email me with what you want and I will provide my address for payment as well as shipping cost, order shipped as soon as payment is received in form of money order please to avoid possible issues with my bank and check cashing policies.

I totally enjoy the soap making process and at this point, theres only so much that my hubby and I can use :wink:
    http://dollysacre.com/goatsmilksoap.htm

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I'm thinking I will like to give this as stocking stuffers for my extended fam I will contact you

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you Stacey :thumbup:

I currently advertise where I work but because we are a restaurant I cannot "display" my products....really stinks too because if I was able to have a display there I know I would be able to sale what I have.....I also have Cucumber/Melon and a few bars of Cranberry/Mandarine curing now. The Cran/Mand is my absolute favorite and did a small batch because sometimes the citrus scented oils don't do well in cold process soap making.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    still want it but its been a long week -- going to sit down and think about it more and then I can give you an exact order

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I just went through a really crappy situation.... I had the owner of the local farm stand totally get me excited over the fact that she wanted to buy my soaps and sell to an out side area...I was super excited over this and then the deal fell through. I had doubts but sorta kept them in check so I wasn't too disappointed.

Anyhow...I just spent the last 2 days, in my free time(what's that?) setting up my website with a web store. I have PayPal to accept payments too.

Heres the thing.... I don't know how to add shipping into the prices...can anyone help me out with that? Or does PayPal do it automatically?

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    It can take a little time to get it worked out correctly but you can go to your PayPal account and go to Merchant Center and set up your shipping settings. www.usps.com has a shipping calculator to figure zones out to the best of your ability. I tend to up charges a bit since if it's calculated wrong, it's a loss but it's easy to refund extra shipping costs. Paypal walks you through setting it up pretty well.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: Thank you Olivia, I really appreciate it :hug:

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I hope you do well with your soap sales I know I will buy from you in the future again

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you Stacey. :hug:

Thing is....I LOVE MAKING IT! LOL
    Even if I didn't make a dime, I know it doesn't go bad and well...it keeps me occupied so my mind and heart doesn't wander to the things in my life that sadden me.

Who knows...if my spare and empty bedroom gets too full of soaps waiting to go, theres quite a few "Old Folks" homes in the area that have residents that would enjoy an "old time" soap.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I was going to post on Etsy BUT after seeing all the extravagant creations of others on there, I'm not sure I will :( Mine is a simple, hand crafted soap, no extravagant colors or designs, no fancy embellishments or artsy packaging...just simple Goats Milk Soap :sigh: Maybe being plain and simple isn't a seller :shrug: And the prices of those soaps on Etsy :shocked: Here I was thinking the prices for mine were too steep! And that just covers the cost of materials.

The people I work with basically told me they won't buy my soap because they can go to the dollar store and get 3 bars for a buck...oh well, their loss :shrug: I feel bad because they're too ignorant to realize that those "cheap" soaps come from a place similar to where the contents of our grease pit goes... :sick:
    Oh well...It will always be available, I have plenty more curing :greengrin:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    The soap you gave me the one year was really awesome. Lasted a while too. :D I like the no frills. ;) :hi5:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    everyone loved your "no frills" I gave them!

I plan on using GM soap from now on since I had a bar someone gave me and it takes off my make up real nice and doesnt irritate my skin. I plan on using yours shortly

GM soap is the only soap that gets the buck smell off my hands. I love your scents too

13. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I like no frills too. I was surprised at how many people are willing to pay more for homemade gm soap instead of store soap. I think it is about the individual. Some people only want to get things as cheap as possible (not that that is a bad thing all of the time). Other people appreciate the work, time, and the wholesome ingredients that go into things.

We make gm soap too and you are so right Liz, it is so fun. I hope you have an easy time selling.

14. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Liz, I am interested in your soap but the link about doesn't work for me....what is it again.

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Another reason why I love TGS...You guys are great :hug:

I'm getting ready to try out the mold that hubby made me, took him a week or so to get around to it but this is one I know I'll enjoy using! He used some scrap wood, his table saw and intelligence to make a long, narrow mold that fits together tongue and groove style while being held together with long carriage bolt type things and wing nuts to tighten til unmolding....this'll be a large batch so I'm choosing the scent carefully :wink:

I also learned how to do a liquid soap using my slivers from shaping hand cut bars...LOL, it is multi-purpose too as I just washed a load of work shirts with it.

Webs is being difficult now :angry: Its not the addy...its the server :veryangry:

I just purchased my own domain :leap: Won't be available for a couple days but the "new" web addy is http://www.dollysacre.com

16. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Liz, I got it.. :thumb: .I ordered 3 of them I love goat milk soap.. :love: ..helps get the bucky smell off of me....(that is why my family loves it~~!! ) :laugh:

17. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    I am interested in getting some soap but none of the links aare working for me.

18. Rogersfarm

Rogersfarm Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    Hey Liz,do you have any idea if this would be good for my little boy that suffers from extreme eczema (its pretty bad)? I am always looking for better products to use on his skin. My husband and I both suffer from dry skin too. Let me know I would really like to try this out.If anyone has any testimonials that has used goat milk soap in the past to relieve dry skin I would love to hear them.

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm having issues logging onto my site as well....sorry, Jennifer I did get your order Thank you! P.O closed tomorrow but will get it out Tuesday.

20. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms Active Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    the GM soap - does seem to last longer than those cheap dollar store ones - which - are a lot smaller. So all in all - the GM soap is better value, and their skin will thank them. But in saying that - I found a lot of locals didn't like the idea of GOAT milk soap. What did I do a couple of times - put a basket together, and offered it as a raffle prize. Every customer who bought - well, I used the goat hole puncher I got somewhere online, and asked them to put their name and phone number on the back, and at Christmas - raffled up a big basket with soaps and choc from various suppliers. Also - a local parents assocation and a couple of charities - did some baskets up, with plenty of cards in them - and donated them. Yep - it ends up costing - but - people share the soaps people get curious, like them and then come looking for more. You can also write off the value of the products donated against your taxes - ?? Someone can correct me on that one if I am wrong.