No Idea what day! :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rebelshope, Mar 24, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    My real question is should I go to work or not?

Here is the deal, I don't know for sure when Cheyenne is do. I have kept notes, but I don't know for sure the day she was serviced.

Well she is HUGE, so I brought her in last night and it was rainy this morning and she looked very content so I left her in. She has been just laying there in the stall. She also had not really eaten much of dinner so I thought today maybe the day. So I checked on her earlier and she was all of a sudden more restless. She was bleeting, and pawing. I saw with her for awhile and she arched her back like she was pushing. I sat down with for awhile, but then she just laid down again and is eating a little hay and just laying there. She has the sunken in sides like the babies are dropped and but it much calmer. I can stay home but don't want to if I don't need too. I don't want to take advantage of my bosses generosity either. Does it sound like it will be really really soon? I can post pic when my batteries recharge.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    pics may help... :wink: :greengrin:

it does sound like she is preparing for the kids....

does she have any discharge?

Is she posty?

Is her bag tight and have a shine to it?

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    She has been filling up. I will go check those things.

Ya know I read you guys ask those questions all the time but I look at her and thing. OMGosh is it happening and my mind goes a bit blank :doh:

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know ....don't feel bad ...it happens to all of us....and for the life of me....
    I don't know why :doh:

A mental melt down ...I guess... :help:

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    She is really shy about having her cha cha photoed but here are some shots and I will try to get some more:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Can you feel her ligaments? the ones from her spine to her pins? She does look a bit hollow on the back side but she is very thick furred so hard to say.

7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    She is VERY fuffy- Ligaments are soft, and have dropped away.

The think I was really wondering about what what looked like contractions.

Oh and her udder is filling and has been for several weeks. It is not really full but she is pygmy goat and is a FF

8. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Maybe this one will show her sides better.

[​IMG]

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Here is what a nice hard contraction looks like: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAlJrt6bpQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sAlJrt6bpQ[/ame]

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what time do you need to be in work and till when? she could wait till tomorrow from the looks of things but what do I know :shrug:

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thanks!! That was really helpful!!

12. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

Well you know a lot more about goats that I do. :)

I should go now, I only work for a few hours, I should be home by 8 at the latest.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if there is any way for someone to give you an update and you can leave if you are needed at home than I would go.

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You would be surprised at how much a FF pygmy udder will fill! My late Dolly's FF she was huge! Her udder looked the size of a soccerball and VERY tight! She gave me twin girls at that time :hug:

Her cha cha looks tight and tucked....I noticed that with my girls this time, instead of swollen they were puckered right before delivery. Hope all is going well and she has an easy delivery of :girl: :girl:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    let us know how things are ...when you get back from work....hope she waits...until you can be there with her.... :pray:

16. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Good news, She didn't have her kids while I was at work. Bad New, she still has not had her kids. Just sits there like an loaf of bread dough that just keeps rising. Hopefully tomorrow morning. That is what I am hoping for now.

Thanks for the :girl: :girl: I'll just keep :pray: all night :greengrin:

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: :hair: :help: :doh: :wink: :greengrin: