NOA for ADGA

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, May 27, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Is it possible and do any of you know whats involved to get my nigies resitered? They currently are not nor were there parents, but they both meet the specs i guess you would call it for the breed. And if we get them as NOA and breed to a PB what would the kids be?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    With the main six dairy breeds(Nubians, Alpines, Saanens, Oberhasli, Toggenburg and LaMancha) you can do NOA and breed up to the American status(with the exception of LaManchas, which will eventually be purebred) Nigerians on the other hand cannot be registered NOA due to the fact that there would be to many people trying to register their mini goat as an NOA nigi. It was only a few years ago that the ADGA allowed a Nigerian herdbook and that herdbook is for the most part closed, so I'm pretty sure they will not allow NOA or grade Nigerians, at this point only purebred registered Nigerians are allowed in the herdbook.

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    No, Nigerian Dwarfs are not an open herdbook and there is no way to register NOA with Nigerian Dwarfs in ADGA, AGS or NDGA. You can use the pet registry NMGA but they are not accepted by ADGA, AGS or NDGA even if you do register them with NMGA.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    :( Oh well they still make great pets :greengrin: . Just was wonderin so the 4h and ffa kids could buy the kids

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I looked into it a long time ago when I had an excellent Nigerian doe who wasn't registered. She even came from registered stock but being that I had no papers on her or a way to get them, she was just an unregistered doe. At one time IDGR use to register NOA and NDGA use to accept them, but they don't anymore. I believe they probably still had the grade program to breed up from NOA anyway. But no one does it anymore.