NOA Tattoo Question

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by dixiegirl3179, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Hi All!

Today I purchased a nubian doe and her doeling. Here are picture just because they're so pretty!

[​IMG]

Cinnamon

[​IMG]

and her doeling Sugar

Anyway...they're not registered. I want to register them as NOA so I can show them. The breeder is not a member of ADGA. So what tattoo would I give them? Mine? Also, I see an option with online registration of "unregistered sire of dam". Does that mean I can register them online?

Now off to find a list of nubian colors....

Thanks ya'll!

2. eqstrnathlete

eqstrnathlete Active Member

Mar 16, 2013
    You have to call ADGA and register your name and they will assist you in determining a tattoo sequence. Once that is done you tattoo them. Then have an ADGA member sign the noa form for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum

3. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I am an ADGA member, so I already have a tattoo sequence. Since the breeder doesn't have one, I'd use mine? I forgot about the NOA form needing to be signed, so I guess online registration can't happen. Thanks!

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I would call ADGA.

Very pretty girls!

5. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I'll do that tomorrow. I had some other questions as well.

Thanks! I'm so happy I found them!

6. ptgoats45

ptgoats45 Goat Girl

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    They get your tattoo since there is no other way to record their place of birth, they will be considered as being born on your property. Just put your tattoo in one ear and the year letter and number in the other. For the adult doe you can ask if you should put the year letter as the year she was actually born, or just use this years' letter. If you use a letter from a previous year just make sure the number you put isn't already used by another goat you had born that year.

For the colors, I would call the doe brown with light brown spots and the kid would be light brown with blonde face.

7. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I called ADGA and she said that if I put the lady I bought them from down as the breeder, I had to get a bill of sale and contact them for a tattoo number, but if I put myself as the breeder I would use mine. I would assume that means they would get my herd name as well since she said if I put the seller as the breeder they would get "the" at the start of their name.

It shouldn't make a difference if I put myself as the breeder since they will be the start of the line and the breeder doesn't have registered stock, doesn't show, and isn't an ADGA member.

8. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    You need a form signed by another ADGA member stating that they conform to the breed in question...then you send that in with a registration application, tats are your herd tat and the year they were born letter and a number (ex: D 4)...be sure not to give a number you already used...Register mom first then when you get her papers register baby...this way you have moms number to put on babies papers...

Edit..Dont mes with the owners, just register them as yours.....they will get your herd name....For ex. When I did my lamancha whom I purchased she came back as The Happy Bleats Rosie...

if you dont know birthdate, you will need to guess. You willneed to use the "letter" of the year he wa born. be sure to make how many were born, I just said the one doe

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks!

Will they still get THE on the name if I list myself as the breeder? Good idea on registering mom first. I wondered how I work that out with the doeling. I have the NOA forms printed and will have my friend and fellow ADGA member sign them for me.

10. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Yes they will have "the" in front of their name...

for the doeling, Sire will still be left blank... for her dam you will put moms info on there...Mom will be NOA Grade Nubian...Baby should be Grade %? i think..she will not be NOA since you have moms info..Ill have to look at my paper work lol

11. ptgoats45

ptgoats45 Goat Girl

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    If you have a registered herd name they shouldn't come back with "The" in front of the name... unless they have different rules for NOA. I'm not sure how the kid will come back, but I have heard from others with NOA does that it doesn't up the %. For example if you breed her to a registered Nubian buck the kids will still only be 50% Nubian. With the USBGA (Boers) they would actually put them down as 50% NOA so kids by a 100% buck would be 75%. I would do as Cathy said though and register mom first then the kid just in case there is a chance she can have her % increased with mom being recorded, that will put her kids closer to being Americans than if she was just a grade.

Also, just so you know they would show with Recorded Grades if you plan to show them :)

12. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    My NOA do not have "The" in front of their name but I have them under my farm name, didn't mention the original btreeder, since I never knew who it was. They have my herd name and tatts.

Very pretty girls! What a find!

13. dixiegirl3179

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Thanks Ya'll. I'm going to register mom first as born on my farm so I can just use my own tattoo and herd name. Then when her papers come back I'll register the doeling. They are super pretty and really sweet. The breeder said that the stock them came from was registered at some point, but she doesn't bother with any of it since she doesn't show. So far so good. They are much different than my nigerians lol. The doe screams at me whenever she sees me and doesn't stop until I pet her.

14. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Mine came back as THE...But I guess its because my herd name is not registered (paid for?) I guess I need to check that....

15. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

If your herd name isn't registered, then yes they would put a "the" in front.

16. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas