Nobody told me......

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by K-Ro, Oct 23, 2007.

1. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    about the buck smell on my LGD!!!! My buck (french alpine) has a slight smell, nothing bad, but you know it is there - he doesn't even compare with my little pygmy buck who will stink you out of the barn.

Well the buck and Schnee (LGD) are always together, now when Schnee greets me he wants his pets and hugs, well let me tell you his breath is God AWFUL and if he burps it makes me want to 'toss my cookies' as it is ALL STINKY BUCK!! So I gather he 'bathes' the buck and that is why the buck doesn't smell so bad, but let me tell you coming back up from the dog is probably even worse then what it would be from just the buck.

Why didn't any of you ever warn me? Was this something we must learn on our own? Or is my dog weird? :shock:

2. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Lol never heard of that before.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have NEVER laughed as hard as I did just now reading your post!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    oh i am so glad that my LGD is not the only one that does that :lol: boy i could relate to your very funny story

6. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Oh it's hilarious :lol: , I just couldn't believe it and seriously almost lost my tummy when he got up for his hugs and burped in my face, ughhhh. Well I guess the good thing is that my buck doesn't stink and he wants his hugs and scratches too. :)

7. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    so glad i have 'LG DONKS' and not 'LGD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's really funny......at least to the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is funny. Come on, you know you want a big wet kiss. If you turn him down, you will hurt his feelings. :lol:

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so glad that the "protection" I have for my goats is a locked door!!
    Bad enough that I have to "strip" before I come into the house after being in with Hank...let alone having a big puppy that reeks like a buck....sorry K-RO...I thought that was funny...not in the least LMAO!! :twisted:

10. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Actually it is hilarious, Schnee just wiggles that tail and is soooo excited to see us, but the poor guy is NOT getting any more hugs or smoochs for a while.

11. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    You mean if I don't want stinky bucks all I need to do is get a big dog?!
    The poodle does some nasty stuff, maybe she's just too small. hehehe I had no idea the dogs would clean the goats. too funny. :)

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Maybe you should put a dish of mouthwash right next to his water dish? That is so funny- he really loves his buddy to do that- or maybe it tastes better than it smells?

13. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    enjoytheride---YOU can do the checking on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

14. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Since my dogs' favorite treat is eating the fresh chicken poops every morning when I open up the coop, I'd bet that to an LGD that bucky stuff tastes pretty yummy, and smells good too! :p

15. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i never thought of the lgd but i couldn't figure out why my bucks front legs were so clean & they were in rut. then one day i saw mini pearl washing there front legs. so now i know :lol:

16. debpnigerians

debpnigerians New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    north central Texas
    Ahhh.....I feel so at home here..... :lol: .....maybe you could coat your LGD's chew toys with old coffee grounds? It's a good thing we love our dogs so much, considering the nasty-icky-yucko things they do from time to time!