The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about the buck smell on my LGD!!!! My buck (french alpine) has a slight smell, nothing bad, but you know it is there - he doesn't even compare with my little pygmy buck who will stink you out of the barn.

Well the buck and Schnee (LGD) are always together, now when Schnee greets me he wants his pets and hugs, well let me tell you his breath is God AWFUL and if he burps it makes me want to 'toss my cookies' as it is ALL STINKY BUCK!! So I gather he 'bathes' the buck and that is why the buck doesn't smell so bad, but let me tell you coming back up from the dog is probably even worse then what it would be from just the buck.

Why didn't any of you ever warn me? Was this something we must learn on our own? Or is my dog weird? :shock:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh it's hilarious :lol: , I just couldn't believe it and seriously almost lost my tummy when he got up for his hugs and burped in my face, ughhhh. Well I guess the good thing is that my buck doesn't stink and he wants his hugs and scratches too. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
so glad i have 'LG DONKS' and not 'LGD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's really funny......at least to the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
That is funny. Come on, you know you want a big wet kiss. If you turn him down, you will hurt his feelings. :lol:

·
Premium Member
22,987 Posts
I am so glad that the "protection" I have for my goats is a locked door!!
Bad enough that I have to "strip" before I come into the house after being in with Hank...let alone having a big puppy that reeks like a buck....sorry K-RO...I thought that was funny...not in the least LMAO!! :twisted:

·
Registered
246 Posts
You mean if I don't want stinky bucks all I need to do is get a big dog?!
The poodle does some nasty stuff, maybe she's just too small. hehehe I had no idea the dogs would clean the goats. too funny. :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Maybe you should put a dish of mouthwash right next to his water dish? That is so funny- he really loves his buddy to do that- or maybe it tastes better than it smells?

·
Registered
173 Posts
cute kids said:
enjoytheride---YOU can do the checking on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since my dogs' favorite treat is eating the fresh chicken poops every morning when I open up the coop, I'd bet that to an LGD that bucky stuff tastes pretty yummy, and smells good too! :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ahhh.....I feel so at home here..... :lol: .....maybe you could coat your LGD's chew toys with old coffee grounds? It's a good thing we love our dogs so much, considering the nasty-icky-yucko things they do from time to time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts