Noggin day 132... How many?*SHE KIDDED, New Pics pg 3**

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by yonderhill, May 13, 2009.

1. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Here is my sweetie Weathertop Farm Lite Brite (We call her Noggin) at 132 days.. How can she get any bigger? When we look at her you can see baby feet sticking out her sides when they stretch...Very cool!
    She is a FF and I adore her.. she is my baby!
    So here is how she looks today, what do y'all think?

Jennah

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Noggin day 132... How many?

twins - maybe triplets.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

ooo she's pretty!

trips I think
    :girl: :girl: :baby:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

maybe twins....but when she lays down.... it sure makes her look.... like she is having trips...LOL :wink:

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Yep- I say big twins or triplets :girl: :baby: :boy:

Nice teat placement and medial on that girl :thumbup:

6. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

I am hoping for Triplets.. I did have a discussion with her prior to being bred and asked her to tell Gil-Galad that we only wanted does... :wink: She is just so enormous! But this is our first year doing this, so maybe I just haven't seen enormous yet :)

We are pretty excited about her udder her sire Dawnland S Lord of the Dance has been throwing some great udders.. Her teat size and placement are looking great I can hardly wait to see it filled!

Jennah

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I will pray she has trips..... :pray: :girl: :girl: :girl: ...she certainly has a nice udder...... :wink: :greengrin:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yep... I think :girl: :girl: :boy: as well! She DOES have a great looking udder! Very nice and I hope to see pics of her filled!

9. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Its funny when I bought her I picked her because she was adorable (big no-no) breeder thought she was lacking in dairy character, She had a steeper rump than she liked, I overlooked all that.. And let me tell you I amglad I did.. Nog has grown to be very long and level, she has great legs and a wide escutcheon and this udder coming in is making me happy.. I guess sometimes you just have to take a gamble!

Jennah

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yonderhill will you be coming to the show in Harmony NJ? I know it is a bit of a drive just was curious

11. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Stacey-- No I won't be attending the show (didn't know there was one) I am rather show ignorant at this time.. Although I am hoping to attend the one in Altamont NY next weekend (as a spectator) to see If I can learn some of the ropes. I really would like to start showing at some point.

Jennah

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

going to a show is always so much fun. I learned quite a bit by watching. If you let the show secretary know you are interested in learning to show she may send someone over to explain things to you as you watch.

13. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

That is a great tip... Thank you!!

Jennah

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

no problem. I have a ways to go to learn but I remember being scared to go to my first show and I was greatful for all the help others gave me so I am happy to inpart any help I can give.

15. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Ya Scared would be a great word for how I feel about showing.. There needs to be a step by step instruction manual... It seems terribly complicated.

Jennah

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

like I said I totaly understand. Feel free to ask any questions of me (PM or email) or anyone on the board after you go to the show.

The biggest thing for me was getting the right clippers and knowing how to clip. After that is is trial and error in the show ring -- just follow the goat ahead of you and listen to the judge. I am so glad that showmanship is not part of how or if a goat will win!

17. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Re: Noggin day 132... How many?*UPDATE*

Well Nog lost her ligs.. Udder filled up overnight. Today is 138. She still has some of her plug (she had been losing small bits over the past 4 days) but it looks to be on it way out. I'll get some pics of her when I go back out there.

Jennah

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I certainly hope she waits!

19. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

It is possible that the breeding dates could be wrong (story of my life)... She had been with the buck since Dec 17th and the owners of the buck noticed "evidence" the 2nd of Jan... So who knows... Hopefully all will be well.....

*gotta go get some pics*
    Jennah

20. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

Well she kidded tonight.. another set of Buck/Doe twins.. She is being a great mom (she is a FF) and the kids have been happily nursing away.. I was certain that she had at least 3 in there.. but alas :shrug: The little doe looks just like her sire (Chenango Hills Gil-Galad) and the big boy looks just like Nog..They are super sweet!!

Jennah