The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
You can get non medicated feed at TSC or any feed store. I don't know if Noble Goat Brand makes one but others do.

·
Super Moderator
58,182 Posts
What feed stores are around you? I use ADM Dairy Goat Power 16%. If you get the feed tag online, you can compare with feeds around you. Or take the Noble goat tag and compare.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
purina noble goat dairy parlor is not medicated according to the website- the grower is but it shows the dairy parlor 16& 18- you can check this out; http://goat.purinamills.com/OURPRODUCTS/PRODUCTS/Overview/default.aspx-- the dairy parlor is what I used with my Nigis last year while I was milking. My two are due in the end of March so I'll start adding some to their diet in a few weeks.

·
571 Posts
Before our two dried off we were using 100lbs of ADM Dairy Goat Power 16% mixed with 50lb of Calf Manna. Not cheap, but they sure loved it and produced well to be right at the end of their lactation.

Bob

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I've been feeding Blue Seal Caprine Challenger 18% for the last 10 years.... Available at most Tractor Supply stores. Mine have always thrived on it...I have used the Dumor Sweet dairy as well, both are the vsame price at $16 per 50 but my goats as well as myself prefer the texture of the Blue Seal and theres not as much molasses as in the Dumor. Mine won't touch a straight pelleted feed but love the pellet, crimped oats and minimal crimped corn in the Blue Seal....when my does are in milk I do mix a 10lb bag of either Calf Manna OR Manna Pro goat balancer with 50lbs feed. Just seems to add the extra boost with nutrition :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
But is it Non medicated?
Yes, non medicated...I don't use medicated feed, the meds in medicated feed are coccidistats, used to pevent cocci overloads.

Blue Seal carries a variety of feeds for goats...one called Meat Goat Grower is medicated, they also carry a multi species coarse feed called "Coarse 16"... 16% protein but does not contain copper or the minerals and vitamins that the Caprine Challenger has...the Cap Ch is a goat specific feed.

The TSC I frequent carries many different feeds by Blue Seal...horse, senior horse,pig,chicken, goat, as well as beet pulp pellets and hay pellets.

·
Super Moderator
58,182 Posts
I'm trying to get away from the purina and feed better. There is an ADM dealer near me but I didn't think they fed non medicated.
The Dairy Goat Power is not medicated. I always have a goat in milk so I always need non medicated feed.

·
571 Posts
What's the "PNP" one?

Bob

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
http://pnpnutrition.weebly.com/ Heres her website. I didn't realize so many new Jennifer, yes she is above and beyond awesome and I can't wait to switch to her feed. I jsut found out another friend of mine Kate is meeting her in two weeks so i will just be able to get from her instead of waiting til spring..YAY!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts