The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had another account on here but I can't remember the password.. But anyways I have a goat who has mastitis and then I have another goat who is her daughter who has compleat lay diff stuff coming out when I tried to milk her... Udder is not hot, temp is normal, she has clear milky stuff coming out with no chunks and her udders feel full of fluid but not hard...only one udder is like this but when i got her it was both that were full....????

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I ... Udder is not hot, temp is normal, she has clear milky stuff coming out with no chunks and her udders feel full of fluid but not hard...only one udder is like this but when i got her it was both that were full....????
By "udders" do you mean the separate sides of her udder??? A goat only has one "udder", with a line down the middle usually, and two teats (unless she has undesirable multiple teats) :)

Is there any chance she could be bred? Do you have a buck? How old is she? It could be a precocious udder- young doelings sometimes get them, usually when they're really healthy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes one side of her udder, she was like this when I got her a couple weeks ago and was around weathered bucks and ha been for the past 5 years and never had any kids with her previous owner.. Or so they say.. Right now she is around my two, 2 month old boys.. But she was already like this when I got her

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
By engorged do you mean her udder is tight and full, maybe shiny? Could be that she's pregnant (accidents are always happening), but I suspect it's a precocious udder.Oh, and two month old boys can begin breeding that young. You may want to separate or wether them unless you want them breeding her or others you may have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts