Noromectin for deworming

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by sabine, Oct 1, 2009.

1. sabine

sabine Guest

Jul 2, 2009
    Just wanted to know if it is ok to use Noromectin in oral form to deworm goats? I use it in my horses and it is way cheaper than buying the paste. Or should I just use the topical stuff I think ivermectin is what a friend of mine uses. How much would the dosage be? Does it go by weight or age of goat?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you want to give orally to get internal parasites and topical is for external parasites.

So if you have worms then give a wormer that is for the specific worms and give orally.

Not familiar with Noomectin but I assume the active ingredient is 1.87 ivermectin? if so I would triple the goats weight and then give the dosage of horse wormer accordingly.

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Ive used the noromectin- its the injectable kind.
    I personally dont like giving injectable wormers orally- but that may be just a preference of mine. I believe I dosed at 1 cc/ 100 lbs.
    If you suspect a high worm load you should NOT use it orally as the kill rate may be too quick and cause internal bleeding or blockages.
    I have used the Ivermectin pour on for external parasites too- I think the label was Eprinex? There is a little dosing cup right on the bottle which makes it easy.