The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is the same as ivomec correct? Can someone please tell me if i HAVE to give it in an injection and if so how do i do this?

·
14,615 Posts
Yes the noromectin plus & ivermectin + are same, just different brand names.
I do it orally at 1cc per 33lb, then again 10 days later. They dont seem to mind the taste of the regular bit let me know+ is not their favorite.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So even though its in the bottle for injections i can still give it to them orally correct?

·
Registered
54 Posts
We wormed our goat, it was so funny we did the ivermectin + being new to goat we read a post on how much to give, after I was picking the box up when I notice the fact that it was injected wormer I turned to hubby and said omg I think we just killed the goat I was so mad at him I said didn't you read the box. He let me think that for a bit, then finally he told me it could be given orally.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Yup, same drug different brand. The Noromectin is much cheaper than the Ivomec (about half the cost for me). I always give it orally too, I think the only thing that makes it an injectable is just that it is sterilized for injection as opposed to non-sterilized to be used as a pour-on. It is has more of the drug per ml than the pour on, so less works for a larger animal.

Since it is made for cattle and cattle people usually only ever give wormers as a pour on or injectable they don't make it in an oral form. You can use the horse ivermectin paste, it is made for oral but has to be given at, I think, 3 x the horse dose. So a 100 lb goat would get as much wormer for a 300 lb horse. I have had my goats spit the paste out so the liquid is much easier and it lasts longer. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts