Noromectin question

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by jdgray716, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Ok, so this was all they had for ivermectin 1%. Now normally I would do 1cc per 50lbs but I am thinking this is the genaric so maybe 1cc per 35lbs instead? Anyway, have any of you all used this and what are your thoughts?

I'd rather over do a little then not enough as it can cause issues later if you don't get enough in them.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    bumping this up. sorry but i've never heard of noromectin.

3. Goober

Goober New Member

Aug 21, 2009
    If it is 1% Ivermectin (and nothing else), then the dosage will be the same, no matter what brand. 1% Ivermectin is 1% Ivermectin.

4. This is a newer brand. It is a more genaric version and I looked into it and for my area, AR, it will be a good dosage.

Goober: it is not that simple but thank you. It is (Ivermectin) 1% sterile solution, meaning this is an active ingrediant but these are all different formula's in different brands.

5. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Georgia
    Noromectin is Ivomec Plus.

6. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I've used the noromectin instead of ivermectin; it's the same thing. It's 1% solution -- 10 mg of ivermectin per 1 ml of sterile solution. (we're talking the injectible?) It's made by another company. and I've always dosed at 1ml/25 lbs, but I syringe it orally.

7. Sounds good Denise I will do that then. I give it the same way and yes the injectible.

8. Ok well, I had used this and I guess I was missing something as it was not working I had to go to valbazen on my girls with kids and started them on solmate pills just in case. Will do that for 5 days then hope it will clear up. I seems to be the same four girls I had issues with last year this time of the year. GRRR....has anyone had a problem with this wormer? Should I go back to the regualar invermectin? What else can I use on my bred does in case I need to, other then valbazen. I know I may be ok with them anyway but would like to have a backup for newly bred does. Thanks...

I know I sound like a newbe but when the same things have worked for years it is hard to think outside the box.

9. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    JD -- what's going on? Did you treat with the Noromectrin? What do you mean it's not working? Are you trying to do internal parasites or lice? (I am the woman of many questons tonight, aren't I?)

IDK about everyone else, but I have had a heck of a time with lice this year! Yuck!! Dont' know if it's our wet weather (for Calif) or what, but grrrr....

10. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    JD -- what's going on? Did you treat with the Noromectrin? What do you mean it's not working? Are you trying to do internal parasites or lice? (I am the woman of many questons tonight, aren't I?)

IDK about everyone else, but I have had a heck of a time with lice this year! Yuck!! Dont' know if it's our wet weather (for Calif) or what, but grrrr....

11. Well I treated them for internal twice but I did not get everything so I followed it up with Valbazine/safeguard. Basically it is the same few girls that got real sick last year that were a mess and needed daily treatment for a few months due to animia and so on. This year they also have kids on them as of a few weeks ago so that through them into a bit of a mess. I treated all the girls before kidding and gave all CDT then after twice but something was being missed so that was what I tackled the others and went ahead with the solmate treatment as well.