north east storm

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by fritzie, Dec 3, 2007.

1. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i just want to say that i hope every one in the N.E. that is getting the bad storm stays safe & warm. i use to live in ME & they are getting up to 22" of snow today. they had a high of 16 yeasterday. so please every one stay safe.

2. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    NE storm

Thanks Fritzie, It looks like alot of people are in for a bad day. Not too bad here in western NY though the wind is blowing hard right now. At least the temp is 32 right now. I never thought that at the ripe age of 48 I would still be hauling firewood through the house, but the price of oil is so high that it is a luxery that we can't afford. Last year $450 worth of oil lasted 6 weeks. It's alot more now. Last year we were praying for inexpensive wood and ended up having a snow storm in October. the snow was so heavy on tree branchs that alot of them came down, lots of wood. Think God must have a sesnse of humor.
    Anyway to all that are heating with alternate means please be careful. Keep those chimneys clean to prevent fires and get at least one carbon monoxide detector. We could be in for a rough ride this season.

3. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Wow, 22" is alot!!! But then, I live in MO.
    Sending a lil prayer for them all. :)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we only got a dusting and it was gone by afternoon with the rain and sleet we got.

I wouldn't want to live any farther north then I do!!!!! I dislike snow

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I love snow but I don't think I would like 22"!!!! BRRRRRRR