The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oberhasli/Nubian Goat kids for sale!!!

I have four Nubian and Oberhasli/Nubian does due between April 3rd and April 16th. I am looking for potential adopters for their cute little kids. These goats are ideal for pets or a small home dairy. As my does are unregistered, the kids unfortunately do not have show potential. All my does were tested for CAE this winter and the herd is CAE free. I also heat-treat the colostrum and pasteurize the milk for the kids as an added precaution.

My doe Kipper will be a second freshener this year and last year she gave me 6 pounds (3/4 gallon) of milk per day. My three others (Bonnie, Lily and Bella) will be first fresheners this year. All of them come from established dairy herds (Consider Bardwell Farm, Valley View Farm, and Jesta Farm) and I expect all of their doe kids to have good potential as milkers.

Female kids will be disbudded (unless arranged ahead of time). Male kids will be wethered and disbudded. If you are looking for an intact buckling please contact me to make arrangements sooner rather than later as I castrate early. All kids will also receive a BO-SE (selenium and vitamin E) booster shot.

All kids will receive their own mother's colostrum for the first 3 days. At one week old I will sell the kids for $25 to buyers who wish to bottle feed them. This is my preferred arrangement as it gives the kids more time to bond with their new "mommies". After a week I will start to add $2/day boarding fee to cover expenses.

My goats are like my family and although I would love to keep all of the kids (especially the does) this season, I have decided not to grow my herd this year. I am looking for good, capable, responsible homes only. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

****Photos are of my herd, my four does and my buck. Photos of their kids will become available as they are born. I would be happy to email them to anyone interested

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI Goats for sale.
My name is Mark Huntington
I am a live in manager for a farm for adults who have autism. We have a 70 acre farm and are looking into getting goats.
I hear Nubian goat are good with people. Are the goats still available and would like more information. Thanks Mark

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
HI Goats for sale.
My name is Mark Huntington
I am a live in manager for a farm for adults who have autism. We have a 70 acre farm and are looking into getting goats.
I hear Nubian goat are good with people. Are the goats still available and would like more information. Thanks Mark
Hi Mark,

This is a three year old thread so it's unlikely that they are still for sale. If you could create your own post in one of the discussion groups I am sure people would jump right in and help you out! There's a really great community here always available to answer questions and share experiences. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark,

My name is Erin and this was my post from a few years ago. We still operate a goat dairy on the Northshore of Massachusetts (Newbury) and have kids available every spring. We still have about 20 wethered males available for sale this year of various ages.

If you'd like more information about our goats in particular feel free to reach out to me at the farm number (978)255-3218 or by email at erin[at]dancinggoatsdairy.com. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about this year's group of kids. If you're interested in info about Nubian goats in general deerbunnyfarm is quite right in her comment about starting a thread. This is a wonderful community and I'm sure everyone would be happy to help in any way they can.

Cheers!
Erin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts