The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they have been having a star wars marathon on like spike I think it is. So I have been watching (or partially watching) them with my brothers. I keep missing parts so it gets confusing but that is beside the point.

What I really wanted to talk about is the acting. I am no acting guru but I have always heard that the first three star wars movies made were the best in acting and wow boy were they right!

What has acting come to these days, it is all fluff and no real substance. If you have the looks and the right management you can make the big bucks but that doesn't mean you can actually act!

Someone needs to get back to the basics with the actors and then maybe we can have good movies like Star Wars again.

Just my :2cents:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I really enjoyed the first Star Wars movie. I think I saw the next one, but I'm not big on sequels, usually.

We recently saw a movie called The Happening w/Matt Damon (don't ask me why, Hubby has a movie fetish and we see alot of movies). That was BY FAR the worst movie I have ever seen. DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE. It made me "icky" for several days. First the concept was ridiculous, and appalling. We should have left right away (next time I'll say "let's go, which I've done before, but I thought he wanted to see this one so I didn't, he agreed with me, though, what a waste of our time). But, to add insult to injury, the acting was terrible! I rarely saw that about Damon, but, it was really juvenile. We really have to be more discriminating when we go to movies...we are rewarding these people for making this crap.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
You know, I have no idea why but I FALL ASLEEP AT EVERY STAR WARS MOVIE. I just have no idea what it is.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL

Like I said I am not a huge fan but it was something to do with the brothers. It is amazing how acting has come so far to be so much less an art.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts