not a star wars fan but..

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Jul 8, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    So they have been having a star wars marathon on like spike I think it is. So I have been watching (or partially watching) them with my brothers. I keep missing parts so it gets confusing but that is beside the point.

What I really wanted to talk about is the acting. I am no acting guru but I have always heard that the first three star wars movies made were the best in acting and wow boy were they right!

What has acting come to these days, it is all fluff and no real substance. If you have the looks and the right management you can make the big bucks but that doesn't mean you can actually act!

Someone needs to get back to the basics with the actors and then maybe we can have good movies like Star Wars again.

Just my :2cents:
  2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    hmm... I've never seen Star Wars. maybe we could start a faveorite movie thread. lol I love movies! :wink:

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i like the starwars movies but my all time favorite is
    Sling Blade
    with billy bob thorton
    real tear jerker but what a movie!!!
    and talk about acting!!!
    billy bob is great
    watch sling blade then watch pushing tin
    you'll never believe it is the same man
  4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I really enjoyed the first Star Wars movie. I think I saw the next one, but I'm not big on sequels, usually.

We recently saw a movie called The Happening w/Matt Damon (don't ask me why, Hubby has a movie fetish and we see alot of movies). That was BY FAR the worst movie I have ever seen. DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE. It made me "icky" for several days. First the concept was ridiculous, and appalling. We should have left right away (next time I'll say "let's go, which I've done before, but I thought he wanted to see this one so I didn't, he agreed with me, though, what a waste of our time). But, to add insult to injury, the acting was terrible! I rarely saw that about Damon, but, it was really juvenile. We really have to be more discriminating when we go to movies...we are rewarding these people for making this crap.
  5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    You know, I have no idea why but I FALL ASLEEP AT EVERY STAR WARS MOVIE. I just have no idea what it is.
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007

Like I said I am not a huge fan but it was something to do with the brothers. It is amazing how acting has come so far to be so much less an art.