The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Nubian Boar cross bucks. for some reason they have stopped drinking water. they seem fine and are eating normal. could it be that they are getting enough water out of the grass and other plants that they don't need it? its been like a week that they have not been drinking. when they see me change the water they will sniff it but then go do something.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
do you have well or city water? if city water they may have changed something recentlly (flushed the lines??) and this is causing them to turn their noses up at it.

Try adding gaterade to the water (just a little) to mask any off taste. That or any of your flavored drink mix stuff.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
They must be getting some water- after a week without drinking at all, they would be in bad shape.
But because especially bucks can get UC which is so dangerous, I would still want to be sure they are drinking well.
If everyone else is drinking the same water from the same source, I would think it was unlikely the water. I would empty and scrub out the trough or bucket, then see. Maybe putting a bucket seperately at a different place- if they drink that, then you know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have city water. i will try adding some drink mixes to it. my dogs and chickens are still drinking it. they all have there separate water buckets. i have been cleaning it out just about every 3rd day b/c of the pollen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the used to drink a bucket in 3 days now it just sets there. when i dump it and clean it out they still don't drink any.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts