Not getting along or Spoiled brat?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Epona142, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Ever since I brought home Buck, Hope has decided she's going to scream horrible loud screams when she sees or hears me.

Now, she's always called for me, but after her first day with Buck, when they were in love, now she apparently hates him and is demanding I come and remove him from her sight. Or at least that's what I'm thinking.

It seriously sounds like she's being butchered alive. :shocked: And there's nothing wrong with her, I've checked enough. So I really just try to ignore her, as as far as I can see, he's not even bothering them, just laying down chewing his cud or checking stuff out. He's not shown any aggression that I've seen either, other than chasing Uno a couple of times in the beginning, but that's stopped. He is not even too pushy at feeding time, he's actually quite polite, unlike my monsters who trample everything in their way to get fed.

Should I just continue to ignore her until she gets used to him?

Another theory could be that she's angry at me, I haven't been out there as much and they've only gone out on the pasture once this week; its been very busy and I won't have much time until next week. I plan on taking them out today, maybe that will cheer her up.

I just hate those horrible screams. :(

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'm not a goat psychologist but I think that does only like bucks when they're in heat , after or before that they want nothing to do with the bucks and would rather be separated. Usually bucks are only attracted to does when theyre in heat and would rather not be around them, unless to breed. So I dont think shes mad at you, but just isnt in season.

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    The interesting part of it is she was living with a buck before I brought her home, too.

Hubby won't be happy if I tell him we need to build another enclosure so soon, I told him we had a few months! :greengrin:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Give them some time - she will settle in with having to share HER enclosure with another! I had one doe that screamed the first 2 weeks that she was here, and I bought the entire herd that she was previously with. She was just mad because she had to share. they will settle in, she will be fine, and it really would not help if you pull the buck or not - there is something new at the property!

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    You're probably right, kelebek.

If I sneak out there and peek at them, they're all acting fine, either eating hay or laying down enjoying the day. But if I'm seen . . .

:ROFL:

I'm going to give it a while and see how it goes.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree....she just loved you to death when you brought her a boyfriend at the exact time she wanted/needed one...now that she's had her fun...she's royally PO'd at you for bringing a new goat home :ROFL: ....don't worry, she'll get over it!

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh , ok i remeber this is a new goat! yep agree with the others, they will get over it!

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    You can't help but love the spoiled little buggers, can you? I went out earlier and it was all angels and happy.

:angel2:

Until I left! Boy she gave me a talking to. :angry:

She'll get over it I imagine. :roll:

9. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Maybe you could wear a box? Then she wont scream :greengrin:

10. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I put the buck in with one of our does one time and . . . I have seriously never seen her run that fast before. He chased her around the pen for like 3 minutes before I could finally stop laughing to open the gate for her. lol.