The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe who has a history of premature birth and then a miscarriage the following breeding season. I was SO hopeful she was pregnant. Her health and conditioning had improved so much since last year and I felt so confident she would take. She had her ultrasound today and it was negative :( The vet did comment that she has a few follicles and that she's ready to breed.

Strange thing happened last night. We put her with the buck last night for kicks because her tail was wagging, etc... I couldn't believe what I was seeing - is she in heat! I couldn't believe it because I was pretty confident she was pregnant.

So, she's not pregnant and this breeding is her last chance. We put her with the buck last night and today and will recheck in about a month.

Vet now suspects toxoplasmosis and maybe not chlamydia. We had used tetracycline right before breeding.

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
I have a doe who has a history of premature birth and then a miscarriage the following breeding season. I was SO hopeful she was pregnant. Her health and conditioning had improved so much since last year and I felt so confident she would take. She had her ultrasound today and it was negative :( The vet did comment that she has a few follicles and that she's ready to breed.

Strange thing happened last night. We put her with the buck last night for kicks because her tail was wagging, etc... I couldn't believe what I was seeing - is she in heat! I couldn't believe it because I was pretty confident she was pregnant.

So, she's not pregnant and this breeding is her last chance. We put her with the buck last night and today and will recheck in about a month.

Vet now suspects toxoplasmosis and maybe not chlamydia. We had used tetracycline right before breeding.
How long and what dosage did you do for the chlamidya? Maybe it wasnt long enough?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If she has toxoplasmosis, is she able to ever get pregnant? If a doe contracts this disease while pregnant, what happens generally? She birthed three weeks early the first time she was pregnant, and then had an early miscarriage the next season. NOW, we were hopeful she was pregnant. She just cycled, and the vet suggested giving her one more shot. I don't think he's very hopeful, but I just don't understand why she's not getting pregnant. He mentioned all her anatomy looks completely fine. *exhale*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts