The Goat Spot Forum banner

241 - 260 of 303 Posts

·
8,095 Posts
Baby goats are kind of like toddlers. They play, but not with each other. Then suddenly, they will start interacting.
He looks like a cute little guy.
Is the little girl your daughter? She is a cutie, too!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Thank you. I saw that. I think Chevani (my daughter) is the herd queen. . Both Destiny and Gizmo walk when she walks and runs when she runs. Destiny did head butt him once but nothing major.
They are both in the play pen now. Destiny has her mug in the food bowl and gizmo is checking out the hay bale.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Destiny is so.much calmer now that Gizmo is with her too. Gizmo is teaching her how to play again.
They both love the sun and the fallen tree.
So happy to hear and see!!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Ok. Next question. Destiny and Gizmo get on very well. Gizmo is 4 weeks old now. He gets three bottles a day. Today he didnt drink much. I do see him eating from the food bowl and he sipping from the water. Must I be worried?

·
8,095 Posts
He is about the age that coccidea can rear its ugly head. (Internal parasite, but not a "worm"). Do you have access to coccidea medications? Cocci is everywhere, but baby goats don't have immunity yet, so it's important to treat for cocci and eventually, the body can usually keep the cocci load low.

Sometimes they have loose, runny, brown, stinky poop. (But not always).

241 - 260 of 303 Posts